Adieu Azure

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I know the club wont read this but here is my plea.
Keep the queues to under 5 minutes, keep the Harveys, keep the food as is and keep the prices as is (or lower).
Don't put a national brewery in who shove their beers in with Boddingtons or John Smiths cream flow. It's not what we want.
In my opinion Azure where getting it right but did have the occasional hiccup. UE a few weeks back had nothing before the game, nothing at half time but 1000's of pies at the end.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Some interesting news I found out today......Lindleys are currently running the catering on a temporary basis. Having spoken to one of their management team at half time, and after the game, they were disappointed with how today went, and agreed that there were (in the North at least) that there were too few e-cash points on offer today, and that the lack of that facility in particular let down the speed and flow of service. They mentioned that the west end kiosk is now closed until the new seats are in, but it will be re-opening with two more kiosks on either corner. From the sounds of it, they want the contract long term and have some ambition.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not too bad today I thought, though the teams on the concourses didn't seem too affected after talking to one of the supoervisors today, can only be about the hospitality. Pies hit and miss but that's usual.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
1901 meal a shocker. Worse by some way than Azure have been of late. I'm going to ask for a refund this time. I'll give them a couple more weeks to settle in and if there is no improvement then I'm out. I've been more than patient.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1901 meal a shocker. Worse by some way than Azure have been of late. I'm going to ask for a refund this time. I'll give them a couple more weeks to settle in and if there is no improvement then I'm out. I've been more than patient.

That does not bode well as these meals are certainly not cheap therefore should be exceptional.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The main course was outrageously basic.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
The WSU middle kiosk was the best its ever been, had 5 pints and 1 pie before the game, all bought individually between 1 o'clock and 2.45, and there was never more than 3 people in a queue.

Either I got lucky with timings, not a lot of people bought anything, or they've changed something to drastically improve. Whichever it is I don't care, but it was a pleasure to use yesterday.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Got in about 2.25 and was absolutely appalled to see the catering kiosk in the North West corner closed, however got a pre-match Harveys from the "pie and pint" with a couple of minutes wait (and was able to pay by ecash). Then, got my half time bottle of Fosters easily (I know it's not ideal but to be honest you can't really fit a pint in by the time you queue and go for a piss), then after the game got a pie and pint with no queue whatsoever, again paying Ecash.

Never had any real probs with Azure, but certainly didn't have any yesterday either.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
suddenly everyone's singing the praises of Azure!!

Maybe Paul Barber knows what he's doing

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I bought a pie at h/t and the vendor had to take pot luck it was chicken because all the pies were unlabelled and mixed together in a tray. "Bring it back if it's not chicken" I was told. At 16.01 hrs with the 2nd half about to kick off.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The Swan yesterday was absolutely wonderful, as usual. Full, but no queuing problems; warm and welcoming, lively pre-match buzz, proper, homemade food and loads of excellent beers.

The staff know all about the Azure fun and games. And are looking forward to Tuesday night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was told that Lindley's have pretty much the same operating and trading principles as Azure - which is worrying.

I did some Internet research the other day and it appears Lindley initially only served in the Spurs public concourses but after having their contract renewed a few times they recently had their deal extended to cover the corporate areas as well. They must be doing something right?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lindley's are the caterers at ...

Barnsley, Bradford City, Bristol City, Bury, Celtic, Colchester United, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Dundee, Dundee United, Gillingham, Hibernian, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Livingston, Manchester City, Millwall, Northampton Town, Notts County, Oxford United, Peterborough United, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Swindon Town, Tottenham Hotspur, Watford, West Bromwich Albion and York City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports