Adieu Azure

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
My boy is at Portsmouth uni and live down there and comes back for each game to sell programmes.
The stewards are on less than the catering staff are most I believe come from all over the south very few are local.

Respect to him , i guess it's not easy if your at Uni and trying to make a bit of money these days .

I heard before when at Withdean that a lot of the stewards come from London for very minimal money , i suppose like Azur they are big companies employing these people with share holders money so their welfare and conditions are the minimal possible .

respect to him , i guess it's not easy if your at uni and trying to make a bit of money these days .

I heard before when at withdean that a lot of the stewards come from london for very minimal money , i suppose like azur they are big companies employing these people with share holders money so their welfare and conditions are the minimal possible .

some of the withdean stewards were travelling 70 miles and doing colchester and west ham games too???

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
30000 plus broke Students right next door and they have to get staff from miles away. :facepalm:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I agree , they should use local people where possible for stewarding but then again the club probably use a large national security company instead of employing themselves as too much hassle , might be wrong though.

Oh not the case then , just had a look on the Brighton site : 4th September 2012 , 'The club is now recruiting for matchday stewards'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
IMO, they're fuelled by gimmicks - For me, Punk IPA tastes a bit bland, that said, I have heard good things about Dogma. TNP and Sink The Bismarck taste like cough syrup though, and cost a lot more than most "shots". It's the sort of stuff you drink as a one off to say you've tried it, but not to my taste. Each to their own though.They are a bit of fun, and they do a job, but just not the type of job that we'd need at The Amex

I just think we need a company that is local, has a passion for what they do, and they do it well. Dark Star ticks all the boxes.

I agree they do employ gimmicks but this is part of their culture and in no way affects the quality; they like to mess about but it's not style over substance. Some work well, some not so well. I think Hardcore IPA (a strong double IPA), their oak barrel aged lager and their new San Diego Scotch Ale (collaboration with Ballast Point) stand up to any brewery.

My post was tongue-in-cheek though, as its impractical to serve Brewdog on a mass scale for a variety of reasons. I do like Dark Star but its a shame they were so slow of the blocks and Harvey's quickly dominated at the AMEX.

PS you could make a case that the Dark Star "Rock Star" brown is a bit gimmicky and is also over-priced; bloody nice though :wink:

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Didn't they give Dark Star the chance but they couldn't cope with the demand ? They are a reasonably small brewery and may struggle , i see they do some Dark Star in some stands perhaps they are weening them in gradually and may use them in conjunction with Harveys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't they give Dark Star the chance but they couldn't cope with the demand ? They are a reasonably small brewery and may struggle , i see they do some Dark Star in some stands perhaps they are weening them in gradually and may use them in conjunction with Harveys.

As I understand it (from the club) both were given equal access to the AMEX kiosks and concourses but Dark Star never properly got their act together or struck up a dialogue with the club. Harvey's on the other hand were very enthusiastic and pro-active. Why Dark Star were initially despondent I do not know but the club did prefer Harveys once they had struck up the relationship them; Harvey's were in the box seat after the Donny game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh not the case then , just had a look on the Brighton site : 4th September 2012 , 'The club is now recruiting for matchday stewards'

The club would also need additional stewards who hold a SIA license , supplied by a national security company. These will be the guys who replaced the macho high 5 gesturing power mad stewards at Withdean , brought in to do the job properly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Please no chips, we all like chips I know, but the stadium has a unique smell, and it's nice. chips'll stink the fuckin place out and you'll slip arse over tit on the disgarded ones when you go for a piss

If only fans would drop their scabby chips elsewhere :lol:

Nov 19, 2012
The Football Business Award winning Azure have been given the boot.

Dear Noele,

Since moving to the American Express Community Stadium in 2011, the Club's aim has been to provide our supporters, hospitality customers and visitors with the best possible experience, on and off the pitch.

As with any venue, catering represents a very important element of the experience we provide and we have made it a high priority both for our matches and for all other events at the stadium.

Listening to our customers, we work wherever it is possible and viable to do so with locally produced products and local suppliers, such as Piglet's Pantry for our pies and Harvey's of Lewes for our ale, while striving for the highest possible levels of service, quality, and value for money for our fans and customers at all times.

Since the stadium's opening, we have attempted to meet these very important aims by working closely with a catering partner, Azure. Despite our best efforts, many customers do not feel that these aims have been met. With this in mind, we have decided to engage new caterers.

As of today, the Club has appointed emergency caterers to provide catering services to supporters and hospitality customers for our forthcoming matches against Bolton Wanderers and Bristol City, and for the various events and other matches we are hosting here at the Amex leading up to and beyond Christmas. A formal tender process to replace Azure on a long term basis will commence in the New Year.

The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

Clearly, we would ask for your patience during the next few weeks while our emergency caterers familiarise themselves with our stadium, train staff, introduce new systems, get to know us and get to know you, our customers. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and for your continued support. It is much appreciated by everyone at the Club. I do hope you enjoy our forthcoming matches and the upcoming festive period.

Paul Barber
Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

Bring back the burger van

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
As I understand it (from the club) both were given equal access to the AMEX kiosks and concourses but Dark Star never properly got their act together or struck up a dialogue with the club. Harvey's on the other hand were very enthusiastic and pro-active. Why Dark Star were initially despondent I do not know but the club did prefer Harveys once they had struck up the relationship them; Harvey's were in the box seat after the Donny game.

Think in the future , when Dark Star have grown more and got their act together they will be btter prepared for the Amex , just hope in the meantime Harvey's stay a family company and don't sell out to a large drinks manufacturer .

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

Think in the future , when Dark Star have grown more and got their act together they will be btter prepared for the Amex , just hope in the meantime Harvey's stay a family company and don't sell out to a large drinks manufacturer .

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree , they should use local people where possible for stewarding but then again the club probably use a large national security company instead of employing themselves as too much hassle , might be wrong though.

Pretty sure they're employed by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports