Adieu Azure

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It is for the pittence those staff were on , plus your train fare or whatever mode of transport. Anyway they didn't , they worked at a similar set up nearer Portsmouth may of been Southampton ? , so i couldn't see how they could comment on the Amex.

My boy is at Portsmouth uni and live down there and comes back for each game to sell programmes.
The stewards are on less than the catering staff are most I believe come from all over the south very few are local.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And charge a bastard fortune for mediocre crap? Just hand over the licensing rights to Dark Star. Local, decent and would cherish the opportunity no doubt.

Brewdog is not mediocre.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When they were taken on I Googled their website. Didn't inspire me with much confidence at the time, and hasn't ever since. The only company that springs to mind that is big enough and experienced enough to handle the numbers involved is Compass Group. They do Chelski, O2 also the Mod which is the only personal experience I have of what they do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Has anyone thought about who appointed azure? Did the Albion perhaps get too greedy when £18m was offered and not do the due diligence perhaps? Are the club at fault in any way? But I'm sure Azure have a side to this story too and maybe they weren't sacked? Maybe the Albion were served notice? Hence the emergency caterers? Hmmm, just speculating like....odd timing don't you think? The day before a game and the club can't take debit cards tomorrow? In this day and age? Unless of course there's a lot more to this and the PR guys are earning overtime currently? Hmmm, wonder what's really happened behind closed doors? Still out with the old and in with the new. Azure North stand were getting there but still very Ashley Barnes and they'd had 18months to get things right. I guess Chelsea don't use 'em?!

I very much like how this post is written,agree?hmmm? love it

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
When they were taken on I Googled their website. Didn't inspire me with much confidence at the time, and hasn't ever since. The only company that springs to mind that is big enough and experienced enough to handle the numbers involved is Compass Group. They do Chelski, O2 also the Mod which is the only personal experience I have of what they do.

Have you seen how expensive the food is at the O2? Hopefully ours wouldn't be anywhere near that. It's like £8.50 for chicken and chips...

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Have you seen how expensive the food is at the O2? Hopefully ours wouldn't be anywhere near that. It's like £8.50 for chicken and chips...

I heard that the ones stepping in are led by the losing group of teens from this week's Young Apprentice...£16 for a cup of tea and a slice of cake seemed reasonable to them!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

What about Chelsea? Should imagine that's not cheap either.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I heard that the ones stepping in are led by the losing group of teens from this week's Young Apprentice...£16 for a cup of tea and a slice of cake seemed reasonable to them!

We're doomed!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ran out of pints at Lionel Richie a few week ago.

That's it then, the contract at the Amex is beyond the wit of Man. As an aside, maybe they weren't expecting so many butch beer drinking chaps at a Lionel Richie do.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Brewdog is not mediocre.

IMO, they're fuelled by gimmicks - For me, Punk IPA tastes a bit bland, that said, I have heard good things about Dogma. TNP and Sink The Bismarck taste like cough syrup though, and cost a lot more than most "shots". It's the sort of stuff you drink as a one off to say you've tried it, but not to my taste. Each to their own though.They are a bit of fun, and they do a job, but just not the type of job that we'd need at The Amex

I just think we need a company that is local, has a passion for what they do, and they do it well. Dark Star ticks all the boxes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

When BT decided to get rid of in house catering about 20 or so years ago to save money they farmed it out to Compass. Over the course of time we saw the restaurant service in the evening and at weekends withdrawn and finally to reduce costs to the bare minimum the restaurant service was disbanded altogether and replaced with a bank of vending machines.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the new caterers who take over next season be any better ? I get the impression there is an over reliance on agency temps who don't get adequately trained maybe because they are paid crap wages and are likely not to return the next time they are required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports