Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

Beaker66

Feb 26, 2011
Bexhill
This is actually spot on. I had to put water on the wastage list just for my staff to get a drink as they are not allowed one. I am jelous of your friend to get even a minimal break.

One has to ask why staff are not permitted to have meal breaks of any description bearing in mind that they are on their feet for up to six hours plus.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Btw has anybody noticed any posters who were previously quite defensive of azure, throwing any good mud at them.now on this thread :innocent face:

Maybe the new caters could bake a giant Humble Pie, just for TLO?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
the emergency catering team will not be able to take credit or debit card payments during tomorrow's matchday.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is actually spot on. I had to put water on the wastage list just for my staff to get a drink as they are not allowed one. I am jelous of your friend to get even a minimal break.

Yeah, I remember her saying they were not allowed water and had to have some sort of respite in a toilet. You may have met her. Pretty girl with blonde dreadlocks.

They wouldn't give her a p45 until she delivered back her t-shirt.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
This is good news, just a shame that it has taken so long. Most of us knew afte the first half a dozen games that Azure weren't up to the job, but we kept on hoping against hope that things would improve. Unfortunately there were too many people prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, saying we don't go to football to eat/drink. Maybe not, but it's part of the day, and 18 months after the Amex opened Barber has undoubtably done the right thing.

And, to be fair, there has been (at least in the WSU) some shortening of queues per match, probably as more and more people have ditched the stadium for per match beers, and sought alternative places.

But let's be clear, it's not those problems the club have booted them out for. It's the risk of losing too many more lucrative Hospitality customers, those paying serious money for poor food, and terrible survice.

Hopefully it's not too late to appease those customers, and assure them that things will improve.

If a new Caterer also happens to bring some improvements to the rest of the Stadium, so much the better,as there are so many SIMPLE things that could be done to improve service, and satisfaction levels.

Well Done Barber, now sort out the match day ticket sales policy (only £34.00 tickets available for Tuesday at the moment, is the South Stand behind the goal really sold out?)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I had hospitality 5to 6 times over the last two seasons I enjoyed the food and staff far more at Withdean in a shit ground and that was supplied by a local company who also supported the Albion? :albion2::ascarf::amex:

D

Deleted User X18H

The Football Business Award winning Azure have been given the boot.

Dear Noele,

Since moving to the American Express Community Stadium in 2011, the Club's aim has been to provide our supporters, hospitality customers and visitors with the best possible experience, on and off the pitch.

As with any venue, catering represents a very important element of the experience we provide and we have made it a high priority both for our matches and for all other events at the stadium.

Listening to our customers, we work wherever it is possible and viable to do so with locally produced products and local suppliers, such as Piglet's Pantry for our pies and Harvey's of Lewes for our ale, while striving for the highest possible levels of service, quality, and value for money for our fans and customers at all times.

Since the stadium's opening, we have attempted to meet these very important aims by working closely with a catering partner, Azure. Despite our best efforts, many customers do not feel that these aims have been met. With this in mind, we have decided to engage new caterers.

As of today, the Club has appointed emergency caterers to provide catering services to supporters and hospitality customers for our forthcoming matches against Bolton Wanderers and Bristol City, and for the various events and other matches we are hosting here at the Amex leading up to and beyond Christmas. A formal tender process to replace Azure on a long term basis will commence in the New Year.

The Club and its emergency caterers will be working very hard to minimise any inconvenience to supporters, hospitality customers and visitors during this unexpected transition and working together we will be aiming to provide the best possible level of service and a full range of products – including the continued sale of fans' favourites Piglet's pies and Harvey's ale - until the end of the season after which time we expect to have our new long term catering contract in place.

Clearly, we would ask for your patience during the next few weeks while our emergency caterers familiarise themselves with our stadium, train staff, introduce new systems, get to know us and get to know you, our customers. In the meantime, thank you for your patience and for your continued support. It is much appreciated by everyone at the Club. I do hope you enjoy our forthcoming matches and the upcoming festive period.

Paul Barber
Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove Albion FC

I go that exact email. Can't believe they sent it to that bird from Crossroads as well.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
They wouldn't give her a p45 until she delivered back her t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely true ----- and they didnt send her tax details to her subsequent new employers so she was on emergency tax (to high) for weeks after! :rant:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
They wouldn't give her a p45 until she delivered back her t-shirt.

That is definitely true ----- and they didnt send her tax details to her subsequent new employers so she was on emergency tax (to high) for weeks after! :rant:[/QUOTE]

Thats my daughter not anyone else! :drama:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the emergency catering team will not be able to take credit or debit card payments during tomorrow's matchday.

I'm dining tomorrow and very much looking forward to Red Adair Catering.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tomorrow is going to be f***ing CHAOS.

You're not wrong.

Long queues.
Staff not sure want they're doing / unable to operate tills/ pour drinks.
No supervision or effective management control
People not getting what they ordered.
Food running out in one part of the stadium whilst huge surpluses are flogged off at knock-down prices in others.

Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here