Adieu Azure

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You can't charge premium prices and have staff who don't have a clue what they are doing and then hope it will be OK if you have a few people come around and ask if everything is fine. Good decision I think, although I did like Jo and Ashleigh - I wonder if they will still be around or not.

I think - could be wrong - that they work for the club now.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Exactly, many signed up for a full seasons worth of pre-match meals last season. After the disgrace that was called food last season, many of them decided not to take up the offer this season. A lot now go out in Brighton pre match for lunch with mates, then come to the stadium for the game and stick around after for a couple of beers.

Azure cocked this up, and it's about time they were slung out. I dare say a lot of the staff will still be there, who knows, the emergency caterers might actually teach them how to provide a service, how to pour a beer, hold a glass, count, operate a bottle opener (I kid you not), change a barrel etc. How they will deal with the meals remains to be seen, then again, if they can cook a couple of hundred lamb shanks in an indeterminate brown sauce, they'll probably do it better than Azure.

This sums up every aspect of the situation perfectly.

It's great news

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The reason there may be so many new staff this year is they treated last years staff so poorly. My daughter started in August last year after 3 x years at catering college. She eventually got to serving the players their pre-match meals & working in the 'Directors' lounge. On a personal level I was 'OVER THE MOON' that she was working at my club. At the start, she worked upto 15hrs or a day and was provided with a 'Forfars' meal and a late night 8x seater taxi home. Not long after 'Azure' knocked that on the head and I was getting phone calls at gone midnight to come and pick her up. In the meantime various managers/chefs were sacked or left and her 'work' started to dry up. At the Easter match she wasnt asked to work and was sat twiddling her thumbs at home. In Dicks that day there were only 2 x serving on the right hand bar.I asked where were all the staff only to be told 'all the students had gone home for Easter'!!! 'Azure' you need new management!

This post was from me in August this season and it refers to our first.Unfortunately my daughter no longer works for the club :cry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must admit, for the last game, i was a team leader. I was given no training in this role and no information. The cook i was given didn't even know how the oven worked (luckily i was a cashier beforehand and at least knew how to work it). To be honest, i'm glad they are gone, i was really close to quitting as it wasn't fair on us, and more importantly, it was really out of order on you guys.

That really is pretty shitty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must admit, for the last game, i was a team leader. I was given no training in this role and no information. The cook i was given didn't even know how the oven worked (luckily i was a cashier beforehand and at least knew how to work it). To be honest, i'm glad they are gone, i was really close to quitting as it wasn't fair on us, and more importantly, it was really out of order on you guys.

Jesus. Azure sound like amateurs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In my opinion there has been a definite change; less meat and more gravy. This is nothing to do with Azure. Maybe something to do with the up scaling of the business/production methods? It's not a huge dip in quality but I definitely remember having large chunks of steak fall out of my pie at the start of last season and me being able to pick them up and dunk them in mustard; I would not do this now for fear of a small piece of slippery meat falling out of my fingers and getting gravy everywhere; gravy on McQueen is not a good look.

The reason that I have never bought a pie at The Amex is because I went to the shop in Shoreham and bought one of each and wasnt impressed as I considered them to dry and they needed more gravy. If in fact more gravy has been added I think that is a positive move and I may try another pie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The reason that I have never bought a pie at The Amex is because I went to the shop in Shoreham and bought one of each and wasnt impressed as I considered them to dry and they needed more gravy. If in fact more gravy has been added I think that is a positive move and I may try another pie.

I also went to the Shoreham shop just after it was announced Piglets got the gig and agree they were dry and packed with meat. I actually liked this though. Try one tomorrow and see what you think. You will notice a difference.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
I've got a meal booked in Gold tomorrow. I must admit I have had a couple since the changes brought in earlier this season and I have been really impressed. A tad expensive in my opnion but really nice food, great service and a massive improvement on last year.

I wonder if I'll notice any difference tomorrow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Workin under them was extremely stressful, we weren't even given heat gloves to get food out of the oven.

Let's hope this is the start of something good. And I hope things improve for you quickly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Lindley Group Caterers who I believe also do it at Man City Stadium. Many years ago I did some work for a company called Stadia Catering who included Wolves and Ipswich and a number of other places in their portfolio and they were run by a chap named Jeremy Lindley, I wonder if this is an off shoot of that company.

I just wondered what theirs is like and as to whether we would see them at the amex

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

A friend was a team leader, since quit, and that certainly sounds like her problems.

Her boss was an absolute nightmare and got moved to hospitality towards the end of last season when Azure finally began to take note of the protestations.

Lack of training. Poorly treated by staff above. Poor quality break times. Being left high and dry when it came to ordering in stock etc.

The next lot can only be an improvement.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
A friend was a team leader, since quit, and that certainly sounds like her problems.

Her boss was an absolute nightmare and got moved to hospitality towards the end of last season when Azure finally began to take note of the protestations.

Lack of training. Poorly treated by staff above. Poor quality break times. Being left high and dry when it came to ordering in stock etc.

The next lot can only be an improvement.

This is actually spot on. I had to put water on the wastage list just for my staff to get a drink as they are not allowed one. I am jelous of your friend to get even a minimal break.

Beaker66

Feb 26, 2011
Bexhill
A relative of mine works in the kiosks at the Amex. From what they tell me it seems to me training of staff is non-existant, health and safety regulations flouted and considerations for staff wellbeing of little concern. I like may others have cause to moan at the competency of some of the serving staff but at the end of the day this is an issue of poor management. My guess would be that those notionally in charge at Azure would themselves not last five minutes if they were told to work in a kiosk.

I congratulate the football club for takng the necessary measure of sacking this poor performing circus of clowns. Let's hope that things improve for staff and customers asap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports