Adieu Azure

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So did azure.

I'm not sure how it works, but what if the best tender is from someone who is able to incorporate other locally produced products? .

I know it's only rumour, but when Azure were awarded the contract after the tender, I heard that they had come in at the eleventh hour, and completely decimated the previously prefered bidders prices, hence the club felt it had to take the offer. In this instance, the cheapest tender was taken, because it was cheapest. We know for a fact that if Azure could have had it their way, we would have Pukka Pies and Carlsberg as the beer supplier. If ever there was a lesson to be learnt by the Albion, a reasonable sized company, not to be drawn to the cheapest price, this was it.

They have been a disaster since they took it on, they clearly didn't understand what was wanted, what us, the fans had asked for, been promised, and expected, or what had been worked towards for the previous 15 years. Getting the gig at the Amex was always going to be demanding, and different. I feel that Azure thought they would just steam roller their normal methods onto us, and bollocks to all that Dick Knight, MP & TB had worked so hard for. The Amex was always going to be special, Azure couldn't or wouldn't see that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In my opinion there has been a definite change; less meat and more gravy. This is nothing to do with Azure. Maybe something to do with the up scaling of the business/production methods? It's not a huge dip in quality but I definitely remember having large chunks of steak fall out of my pie at the start of last season and me being able to pick them up and dunk them in mustard; I would not do this now for fear of a small piece of slippery meat falling out of my fingers and getting gravy everywhere; gravy on McQueen is not a good look.

Well... you're in 1901 - and she hates you lot.

Us plebs get the good stuff - you know, pizzas and stuff...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
A rumour then?

Well, yes, but it was a first hand rumour, direct from the hospitality team, not a case of I heard from a mate who heard from a mate who heard from his next door neighbours taxidermist.

A lot of people on here are missing the point. This change has next to nothing to do with the kiosks - a pint's a pint, a pie's a pie and mass sales to the oiks are but an irrelevance to the management albeit a relatively profitable one. The REAL money is in the Corporate world and that's where they will make serious dosh and clearly for all the reasons given the club has finally had enough with so many lost well paying customers.

The same will happen in the future and it will be 1901 issues that the club are more interested in responding to than us being ripped off at the mobile beer outlets or dodgy drink and food 'deals' - that's the way the game in general and BHA is going although I do appreciate my lovely shiny stadium, comfortable seat and unrestricted view.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
where does one find an emergency caterer? Is the same place as you get occasional tables or part time traffic lights?

Lame jokes aside, I feel this shows decisive leadership from the club. Clearly not going to accept second best and still having their long term interests at heart. I feel positive about it and hope to see a return of other veggie options and maintaining Harveys.

Btw has anybody noticed any posters who were previously quite defensive of azure, throwing any good mud at them.now on this thread :innocent face:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well... you're in 1901 - and she hates you lot.

Us plebs get the good stuff - you know, pizzas and stuff...

She's coming to the Profile Lounge tomorrow, perhaps we can ask her about the meat-gravy ratio?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She's coming to the Profile Lounge tomorrow, perhaps we can ask her about the meat-gravy ratio?

It's an important question. I can ask if you introduce me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, yes, but it was a first hand rumour, direct from the hospitality team, not a case of I heard from a mate who heard from a mate who heard from his next door neighbours taxidermist.

When did you hear this?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Some of this moaning is laughable. What do people really expect of a pie/burger & pint. Its notoriously overpriced and of a shit standard at every football ground up and down the country. I don't like it any more than the next person but Its all part of the matchday experience so embrace it. Those that frequently travel away will know how good we have it at The Amex despite the shortcomings of Azure. All that said I believe those paying for the whole dining experience have every right to moan as they are paying a premium for such a service and by all accounts it simply wasn't good enough. Reference the queues at the kiosk: whilst measures can be put in place to speed them up they can never be fully eradicated with so many people congregating on them all at once. Again its part of parcel of football so just lap it up

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A lot of people on here are missing the point. This change has next to nothing to do with the kiosks - a pint's a pint, a pie's a pie and mass sales to the oiks are but an irrelevance to the management albeit a relatively profitable one. The REAL money is in the Corporate world and that's where they will make serious dosh and clearly for all the reasons given the club has finally had enough with so many lost well paying customers.

I agree that's the driving force but I reckon there's so much scope for improving the system on the concourses that things will certainly get better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought the pies in the exec boxes and lounges were changed to a different supplier last year?

Nope. Still Piglets.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
In the venue I work in I am the Supervisor and a good one at that. I've had training in how to use the tills but last week two of the tills failed. The tills are electronic, Electronics fail sometimes and it took me a few minutes to sort one and the other was broken for the remaining of the shift. There was NOTHING I could do about it and no training would have solved while behind the bar. Until any one on this forum who is moaning has worked in a venue you have no idea of the pressure serving a huge amount of people in such limited time.

I do, I have worked in venues all my adult life. I can tell you now that the way the catering has been organised is an absolute shambles. If there are supervisors on each kiosk they are the invisible men of the operation. The number of times they run out of beer is unacceptable, ale I can understand but lager basically never goes off. The pies are inconsistently cooked, the burgers a complete joke and the knowledge levels of the staff is unacceptable. Give me two matches of running one kiosk and I would have it running smoother than it does now, guaranteed. It all comes down to training and having effective systems in place, at the Amex it appears that neither of these things exist.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well... you're in 1901 - and she hates you lot

Charming. [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION]'s a big of a grumpy old so and so but I think I'm rather charming.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
They should just change all the concourse kiosks and lounges into a Nandos. Problem solved.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Lindleys were sniffing around the kitchens a couple of weeks ago they are the caterers at spurs ,the staff should be all safe as by law TUPE rules , a comp. cant get rid or change terms and conditions of the employees of previous firm unles they agree to go .EHO were also called in last week to do a H&S ordit but found no fault this was done by PB think the writing has been on the wall for along time ,feel sorry for Elliot he was a nice guy ,just his firm are crap .

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lindleys were sniffing around the kitchens a couple of weeks ago they are the caterers at spurs ,the staff should be all safe as by law TUPE rules , a comp. cant get rid or change terms and conditions of the employees of previous firm unles they agree to go .EHO were also called in last week to do a H&S ordit but found no fault this was done by PB think the writing has been on the wall for along time ,feel sorry for Elliot he was a nice guy ,just his firm are crap .

Elliott resigned a couple of weeks ago, and has got himself a decent gig, I'm told.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports