Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adieu Azure

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They were put on notice.

They didn't improve.

That doesn't explain the messy transition. Very odd indeed.

And pretty embarrassing all round when you read the write-up for that award, presented earlier this month. Proves awards nights are all total b*llshit.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'm thinking of getting a couple of barrels of Dark Star and selling it from the back of the car in car park 4 in the uni.

Do you think they will mind?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why? Everyone had their chance - Piglet's 'won'.

So did azure.

I'm not sure how it works, but what if the best tender is from someone who is able to incorporate other locally produced products? (Again, I stress, not necessarily eliminating Piglets, perhaps just able to work more choice into their tender). If the remit is to promote locally produce goods, why rule out the addition of or change to an alternate product? I don't raise this because I have anything against piglets, but just as an alternative take to those suggesting Barber meant piglets only had until the end of the season and that the only alternative to piglets and harvey's was pukka pies and carlsberg.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So did azure.

I'm not sure how it works, but what if the best tender is from someone who is able to incorporate other locally produced products? (Again, I stress, not necessarily eliminating Piglets, perhaps just able to work more choice into their tender). If the remit is to promote locally produce goods, why rule out the addition of or change to an alternate product? I don't raise this because I have anything against piglets, but just as an alternative take to those suggesting Barber meant piglets only had until the end of the season and that the only alternative to piglets and harvey's was pukka pies and carlsberg.

Harvey will now be attending on match day IN PERSON. Also fans will now get a FULL PIG with every pint.

Things are looking up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My last one was the best I've had - maybe you've just been unlucky.

Start of last season the steak pie had more meat and less gravy. The meat was very chunky as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm thinking of getting a couple of barrels of Dark Star and selling it from the back of the car in car park 4 in the uni.

Do you think they will mind?

If you put stickers on the side of your car, that say 'EMERGENCY CATERER', you'll get away with it, for sure.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The ingredients are the same, and prepared in the same way. I'd put it down to the way staff at Azure looked after the fayre - both in storage and cooking.

Jo has had to go in and find out what they were doing with them.

In my opinion there has been a definite change; less meat and more gravy. This is nothing to do with Azure. Maybe something to do with the up scaling of the business/production methods? It's not a huge dip in quality but I definitely remember having large chunks of steak fall out of my pie at the start of last season and me being able to pick them up and dunk them in mustard; I would not do this now for fear of a small piece of slippery meat falling out of my fingers and getting gravy everywhere; gravy on McQueen is not a good look.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How do you know this?

It was conveyed to us in the Profile Lounge a while back, around the start of the season. Don't think it was official, but it wasn't exactly being kept a secret. The guy running the show form Azures POV jacked it in after the last home game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you put stickers on the side of your car, that say 'EMERGENCY CATERER', you'll get away with it, for sure.

Maybe put a siren/blue flashing lights on the top as well?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The judges' and winners' statements...

What the judges said:
"It is clear that Azure couldn't give a toss about the fans. Feedback is abysmal even though 80% of fans want to purchase food and beverage at the ground on match days.”

Azure, the caterer at the newly constructed American Express Community Stadium for Brighton & Hove Albion FC, have the enviable task of supplying a captive audience of up to 22,000 fans – from 5 public concourses, 9 members lounges, 14 executive boxes, 2 exclusive lounges; and the standalone beer stations they've had to set up because they can't cope with serving 2 lagers at once. Throughout their dealings Azure emphasised the importance of their own profit margins, innovatively failing to give their staff any training whatsoever. On top of the seasonal 174,816 pints of local Harveys sold, as requested by supporters long before they were appointed, they also adopted the club's idea of offering one guest beer from the away fans' locality. Unfortunately, due to their lack of imagination, this rarely extends beyond some cliched, mass-market offering like John Smiths. Intelligent research, presumably conducted by someone else as it was "intelligent", led to flexibility in the 1901 bars allowing members to sit on a windowsill with a pie while their families queue endlessly for drinks, as they couldn't work out how to sell them from the same place. Formal corporate entertainment was also available, including a wide choice of one meat or one vegetarian ready meal.

Azure pride themselves on locally sourced products, such as the unique and hugely popular pie which was chosen by Albion Director Derek Chapman long before their arrival, and their pricing, which is reasonable in the rare event you can buy a pie and a pint from the same outlet and they can make the season ticket discount card work. With an average retail and transaction rate of less than 25 minutes per customer, Azure are claiming the credit for boosting the club revenue by an unexpected additional £1 million – imagine how much it could be if someone did it properly!

Corrected that for them...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was conveyed to us in the Profile Lounge a while back, around the start of the season. Don't think it was official, but it wasn't exactly being kept a secret. The guy running the show form Azures POV jacked it in after the last home game.

A rumour then?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
typical...the first time I agreed to stay behind to get a drink after the game....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here