Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adidas next years kit suppliers

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If its to be Adidas I demand we have this logo...not the new slanty line version.

You mean the 'New' slanty one designed in 1990? That makes it so new it's only been around 24 years, the Trefoil logo was introduced in 1972 and gradually phased out from 1990 -1997.

*Agree with you though, the Trefoil is much nicer!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You mean the 'New' slanty one designed in 1990? That makes it so new it's only been around 24 years, the Trefoil logo was introduced in 1972 and gradually phased out from 1990 -1997.

*Agree with you though, the Trefoil is much nicer!

Still think of it as "new" tbh...grew up with the original design so always think of the trefoil as THE Adidas logo. Didn't realise the new one had been around that many years now - but just remembered that Liverpool monstrosity with the 3 massive white bars across the shirt *shudders*....Surely its time Adidas had a rebrand again?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But this is the thing, some of Nike's templates are gorgeous and would look fantastic in blue and white.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen a Nike shirt that's made me think "wow". It's that graduated colour one that Barcelona had in orange/yellow last year and that Orient now wear in red/white that makes me shudder. Awful.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? I don't think I've ever seen a Nike shirt that's made me think "wow". It's that graduated colour one that Barcelona had in orange/yellow last year and that Orient now wear in red/white that makes me shudder. Awful.

Someone put up that Porto kit in the Nike thread. Here it is:

Nike-2013-FC-Porto-uniforms-kit-helmetgame-10-687x423.jpg

This would be our best EVER kit in my opinion. It's bloody DELICIOUS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I don't think I've ever seen a Nike shirt that's made me think "wow".

How about this? I love the simplicity and the boldness of the design.

Attachments

• HerthaKit.jpg
    HerthaKit.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 614

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course if you want to look like a winner it has to be adidas.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What makes that so special compared to any of the other blue and white kits we have had?

Look how clean and classy it is. Really simple and still modern. The blue's the right shade, the stripes are the perfect size. There's no horrible nonsense around the sleeves or collar. I just think it's lovely.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What makes that so special compared to any of the other blue and white kits we have had?

The dramatic cloudy background?

In all seriousness, it's OK, fine even, certainly nothing particularly wrong with it. I just can't ever see why some folk tend to get so excited about the two big manufacturers, that's all, as though once we sign up with them, we'll get a really special kit.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
but if it is going to be Adidas, I expect something similar to this. Its alright I guess, and would be acceptable, but not exactly got the WOW factor has it....?

nouveaux-maillots-2014-dynamo-kiev-.jpeg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here