Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adele, BBC sucking up again ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Regardless of her ability to sing and her talent, what constituted an advert for her new album should not have been on prime time BBC 1. Not only that but the advert for her new album was advertised on the news!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regardless of her ability to sing and her talent, what constituted an advert for her new album should not have been on prime time BBC 1. Not only that but the advert for her new album was advertised on the news!

Nonsense. There is huge interest in this album across the world. She's a global star. This is why the BBC did it. If you want to be cynical then you can suggest they did this show for commercial and not artistic reasons (as it is being sold on across the world) but this is it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All very well but would it happen in Germany?

The Germans are a bit twitchy about promoting people with five letter names beginning with A with ideas on global success. So no, wouldn't happen in Germany.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Nonsense. There is huge interest in this album across the world. She's a global star. This is why the BBC did it. If you want to be cynical then you can suggest they did this show for commercial and not artistic reasons (as it is being sold on across the world) but this is it.

No doubt there is huge interest and she is a global star, but there are lots of world famous singers and other celebs and they don't have their own advert on BBC 1 at prime time on Friday, for a very good reason!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No doubt there is huge interest and she is a global star, but there are lots of world famous singers and other celebs and they don't have their own advert on BBC 1 at prime time on Friday, for a very good reason!

Care to name any other current British artists who have shifted 30m units of their last album and have the lead single stats posted earlier?

The reason this program was made is because there is huge interest. It's this simple. If anyone else has the same interest now or in the future they'll get a show as well.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Very good singing voice, but I cannot listen to her talk "awriggght. cack, cack, cack"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The current band of Adele hype annoys me for one reason. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar released To Pimp A Butterfly. Unarguable AOTY, arguably an album of a generation An album largely focused around race/inequality in America that affected me, a fat white kid from Shoreham like it had been composed solely for me. Because of the Adele hype, I'm sadly certain KL will miss out on the horde of awards he deserves

It may be a generation thing. As BG mentioned above, in the 70's I started with slade and T. rex and then moved on to supertramp Genesis and led Zeppelin and then on to punk bands. My parents were very much classical music fans and in South Africa we belonged to a music library and all they borrowed every week was classical music LPs.

Now A days I will listen to anything, apart from hip hop and rap, that I do not get at all.

I hope your artists gets the recognition you think he deserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here