Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adel Taarabt

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Man-management, Redknapp style. Sod the player, just offer my media mates a throwaway line they'll love. If that means throwing Bent under the bus with some nonsense about "my Granny would have scored", or making out that Adel is overweight, and not trying at training, when he clearly isn't carrying timber, and it's general knowledge that Redknapp is a rare sight at training.

It's not just Adel, that Redknapp "fails to crack", just look at the talent in that squad last season. They should have been away and clear all year, up there with Leicester, but instead, they got lucky in a moment of Zamora composure, while they were down to 10, hanging on for penalties, with 'Arry on the sidelines contemplating which golf courses he'll play as he was ready to retire rather than face another year in The Championship.

It's all smoke and mirrors, and has been for a few years now with 'Arry. His media mates talk him up all the time, and they are mates all the time he throws them headline makers like the one about Adel. That's not man-management, it's playing to the gallery, and sod the players. Ask Darren Bent if this is anything new.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Man-management, Redknapp style. Sod the player, just offer my media mates a throwaway line they'll love. If that means throwing Bent under the bus with some nonsense about "my Granny would have scored", or making out that Adel is overweight, and not trying at training, when he clearly isn't carrying timber, and it's general knowledge that Redknapp is a rare sight at training.

It's not just Adel, that Redknapp "fails to crack", just look at the talent in that squad last season. They should have been away and clear all year, up there with Leicester, but instead, they got lucky in a moment of Zamora composure, while they were down to 10, hanging on for penalties, with 'Arry on the sidelines contemplating which golf courses he'll play as he was ready to retire rather than face another year in The Championship.

It's all smoke and mirrors, and has been for a few years now with 'Arry. His media mates talk him up all the time, and they are mates all the time he throws them headline makers like the one about Adel. That's not man-management, it's playing to the gallery, and sod the players. Ask Darren Bent if this is anything new.

Agree 100% - Redknapp is a complete **** - i thought Adel was the same, but he is at least backing everything he is saying up

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Ask Gio as well, made up bull about him being out drinking every night as to why he wasn't playing at Spurs.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As always its the manager who defines how well a player performs in my view. If we had a manager who could get him fired up and wanting to put the effort in, then I'd say go for it (if we could afford).

I think managers should be renamed CEO - Chief Ego Officer - because in the Premiership at at least, most of the players are earning at least 50k per week and have ego's the size of a house. Screw tactics, it's all about ego management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here