Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Additional Tickets for Wembley semi Confirmed

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think the club have got it pretty much right with how they've handled sales but it's a little frustrating that I'm unable to buy a ticket due to no longer being a member. I've purchased tickets for almost every season over the last 20 years, had 6 season tickets at the withdean and the Amex but there will definitely be guests of STH there on Sunday who don't really follow the Albion.

Not trying to suggest I'm more worthy than other fans but when there's tickets left perhaps it's fair that at least I could have a chance of securing one, I suspect there's many more fans in a similar situation.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I'm still scratching my head as to how a guest with no previous purchase history could be considered better than selling to people with purchase history,I'm probably missing something in my thinking but as yet the lightbulb hasn't been forthcoming.
I think perhaps it's construed as a STH benefit to priortisie taking guests over those with purchase history. What I find odd is those guests can't be allocated a ticket to count towards their points / purchase history which would benefit them and the club. Mini-Exile is my guest for every game it's allowed and has been for years, yet because it's 10 points minimum for away games that go to purchase history hasn't been able to go to two away games that haven't sold out this season.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not trying to suggest I'm more worthy than other fans but when there's tickets left perhaps it's fair that at least I could have a chance of securing one, I suspect there's many more fans in a similar situation.
I think it’s all about making membership more attractive. Increase the gap in access between membership and purchase history and membership starts to look a lot more attractive.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
I have a ticket 551 / 30 / 334.
I brought it hoping my sister could sit next to or near me but unfortunately she could not get a ticket.
She knows a STH neighbour who has 2 spare.
So I am left with the above ticket. I called the club but there is no transfer policy.
If I can sell it will be face value of £65.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think perhaps it's construed as a STH benefit to priortisie taking guests over those with purchase history. What I find odd is those guests can't be allocated a ticket to count towards their points / purchase history which would benefit them and the club. Mini-Exile is my guest for every game it's allowed and has been for years, yet because it's 10 points minimum for away games that go to purchase history hasn't been able to go to two away games that haven't sold out this season.
I agree that the guest should be named, don't see why they shouldn't be, but I think the points are a bit of a red herring. With the loyalty points scheme you almost certainly need to be a season ticket holder to get anywhere near priority levels and then when it reaches the lowest levels, ie: purchase history, aren't points irrelevant?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Can anyone try and explain the logic of guests before purchase history? Is it a bonus to loyal STH? Too difficult to process?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can anyone try and explain the logic of guests before purchase history? Is it a bonus to loyal STH? Too difficult to process?
I think you've answered your own question. It's either a STH/Albion+ member benefit, or it's too difficult to process.

I am not a STH and skipped the membership this season. I won't be doing that again.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I agree that the guest should be named, don't see why they shouldn't be, but I think the points are a bit of a red herring. With the loyalty points scheme you almost certainly need to be a season ticket holder to get anywhere near priority levels and then when it reaches the lowest levels, ie: purchase history, aren't points irrelevant?
Unfortunately not. Leeds away didn't sell out, went to purchase history but that's a misnomer and you still need at least 10 points...despite attending many games over the years Mini-Exile is stuck on 5 and wasn't allowed a ticket. The only way to change this is to wait until games (like Sunday, or Grimsby) go to general sale so she can get a ticket in her own name rather than as my guest, but then she risks not going at all if they sell out which seems a bit unfair and also it's not a risk she wants to take which I totally understand. Or I guess I can give up my season ticket for a couple of league games so we can sit together in general admission to get her points up, but that's seems a bit crazy.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Unfortunately not. Leeds away didn't sell out, went to purchase history but that's a misnomer and you still need at least 10 points...despite attending many games over the years Mini-Exile is stuck on 5 and wasn't allowed a ticket. The only way to change this is to wait until games (like Sunday, or Grimsby) go to general sale so she can get a ticket in her own name rather than as my guest, but then she risks not going at all if they sell out which seems a bit unfair and also it's not a risk she wants to take which I totally understand. Or I guess I can give up my season ticket for a couple of league games so we can sit together in general admission to get her points up, but that's seems a bit crazy.
You could put your ST on the exchange so you’re not double paying for tickets, just an idea.

Spoxops

Mar 29, 2023
Managed to get 2 tickets this morning via a colleague, £30 each in 532 or something. Was surprised there was still some available! Would have done Friday afternoon but he was busy sunning himself in Portugal.

After the disappointment of Albion+ 3 window, the excitement level has grown massively.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
1681746401442.png

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I have now got an adult and a child seat for the family section (548) going spare. If any genuine Brighton supporter is interested please pm me. They will be available in accordance with Wembley t&C's for face value only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here