Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Additional signing(s)?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
A writer for the Football League paper who was covering the game today has suggested that Ulloa is unlikely to be our last signing this transfer window.

If true, which position(s) would you like to strengthen and do you have a realistic signing in mind?

Jan 21, 2012
I think we'll do really well to keep Bridcutt in this transfer window (which will be a massive loss) so i think we'll need to replace him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
A writer for the Football League paper who was covering the game today has suggested that Ulloa is unlikely to be our last signing this transfer window.

If true, which position(s) would you like to strengthen

Ball playing Centre Back

and do you have a realistic signing in mind?

I haven't a clue, I'll leave that to the scouting network

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
We seem to like getting players back for a second spell, so how about Bobby-Zamora-002.jpg?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
A centre back and Sebastian Fernandez comes I'll be very, very happy... I'd also like Hammond on a permanent deal.

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
Just seen on sky sports.....

Uruguayan international Sebastian Fernandez is in line to move to England this January, Sky Sports understands.

It is understood that Brighton boss Gus Poyet has expressed an interest in taking his highly-rated countryman to the Amex Stadium.

However, it is thought that 27-year-old Fernandez - currently at Malaga - would prefer a move to the top-flight and there is interest.

Norwich City are amongst the clubs taking a keen interest, whilst Southampton are also believed to be in the reckoning.

The Saints' record signing Gaston Ramirez is understood to have recommended Fernandez to his employers, who are now taking notice.

It is believed that Fernandez could be available on loan from Malaga - but they would want an agreement for that to become permanent in the summer.

Agent Barry McIntosh, who has the UK mandate for Fernandez, confirmed that there was strong interest in England.

"Sebastian wants to come to England and I can confirm I have had several conversations with a number of clubs," he told Sky Sports.

"We are hopeful something can be done in the next couple of weeks."

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Another forward, this time get someone with pace who has a first touch and a natural eye for goal.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As a team/squad gets better players, the one time favorites slip further down the pecking order. If Ulloa is what we are all hoping he is, the next position that could be improved further is centre back. Maybe Matthew Upson on loan, till the end of the season, with a view to sign if we should go up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We are a bit light at centre back, any players leaving to reduce the deficit would need replacing. The Football League paper is excellent, looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Seba and some defensive depth (plus Ulloa of course) would be perfect, but I'd expect one of our strikers to go if we somehow got both Seba and Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here