Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adding NSC name in Twitter profile?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Think I had four at one point. AndyBHA for most things, a business one (rarely used), one for T Wells politics (because it's a bit niche) and would you believe, one for my allotment. The last two now gone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Strangely, my NSC namesake is on Twitter, but it's nothing to do with me. They've only tweeted three times, the first one about three weeks after I signed up, claiming they'd SINGED a two-year deal for the Albion :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Serious question.

Why do you guys do twitter, are you in business? Or do you just like to suck up to celebs???

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Serious question.

Why do you guys do twitter, are you in business? Or do you just like to suck up to celebs???

Football news especially the Albion.
I read tweets from fellow Albion fans.
Traffic news.
Local news.
Photos of dogs :)
Jokes and funny photos.

I hardly take any notice of celebs.
I don’t use Twitter for my plumbing business, occasionally I see trade news and follow other tradespeople.

D

Deleted member 2719

Football news especially the Albion.
I read tweets from fellow Albion fans.
Traffic news.
Local news.
Photos of dogs :)
Jokes and funny photos.

I hardly take any notice of celebs.
I don’t use Twitter for my plumbing business, occasionally I see trade news and follow other tradespeople.

Okay.

I just don't get it personally, I just feel in the wrong hands it can be dangerously reactive and cause issues.

For example, I just came across my neighbours Twitter account and she is slagging us off. After checking a couple of her other tweets, she has been saying how well her dog is trained. She shuts it in the house it has had about 2 walks in 10 years, that is cruelty IMO, not a well-trained dog.
She is the sort that if you get something new they will have the same or an upgrade within the week.
Weird!

Twitter must have caused a few issues with neighbours, surely?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Okay.

I just don't get it personally, I just feel in the wrong hands it can be dangerously reactive and cause issues.

For example, I just came across my neighbours Twitter account and she is slagging us off. After checking a couple of her other tweets, she has been saying how well her dog is trained. She shuts it in the house it has had about 2 walks in 10 years, that is cruelty IMO, not a well-trained dog.
She is the sort that if you get something new they will have the same or an upgrade within the week.
Weird!

She must have some decent pictures then?!

How did you come across it in all seriousness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Okay.

Weird!

I wouldn’t have a clue if anyone that lives in my road is on it.

There is a muted words function, also I can block or mute accounts I don’t want to see,

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Okay.

Weird!

Any website can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

For example, you asked on here for advice on stalking someone you barely knew by planting a tracker on the bottom of their car

:shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

She must have some decent pictures then?!

How did you come across it in all seriousness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her son is quite good at a sport, so I just thought I would see how he is doing nowadays, and it led me to her twitter account. I wasn't really shocked at what she had said about us as she loves to mouth off, behind your back.

I wouldn’t have a clue if anyone that lives in my road is on it.

There is a muted words function, also I can block or mute accounts I don’t want to see,

I bet your looking now.:lolol:

So is that muted function similar to NSC own harry button.:whistle:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Serious question.

Personally I find it the best way to seek out news on many topics, I use it mostly for mostly sport. You can be very selective with who you follow so you don’t have to be exposed to anything you don’t particularly care for. I think Twitter is quite misunderstood by many people.

D

Deleted member 2719

Personally I find it the best way to seek out news on many topics, I use it mostly for mostly sport. You can be very selective with who you follow so you don’t have to be exposed to anything you don’t particularly care for. I think Twitter is quite misunderstood by many people.

I really know little about it, but from a distance I only see people get themselves into trouble on it. It also seems to be very political from a distance, can you really stay away from all that nasty political bin throwing?
Isn't it just a giant bear pit???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here