Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adams vs McGhee

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
As much as I want us to do well, if half a season of not doing brilliantly means that McGhee goes I will take that.

So are you saying that you want the team to do badly then. Surely, even the most anti-McGhee person would rather he proved them wrong and we did well than we struggle and he is sacked. Otherwise, surely you are not supporting the club.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

Dear god, gulity as charged. You have showed me LI. Still slight difference I'm not laughing at my own jokes.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
So are you saying that you want the team to do badly then. Surely, even the most anti-McGhee person would rather he proved them wrong and we did well than we struggle and he is sacked. Otherwise, surely you are not supporting the club.

I do not feel he is the right person for this club and after last season I do not feel he should still be in the employment of the club. Whilst I want to see a succesful Brighton side, I do not want to see McGhee being part of Brighton and Hove Albion, so if it means a few months of bad results to achieve this aim, then so be it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
westy said:
why does London Irish get slated when he clearly talks sense?
Money does indeed talk, we have none everyone else last year bar Crewe and Millwall did. Look who went down!

Anyway, thats over with, lets be THE BIG FISH in the shit division again. We should take thousands where we go and get the feel good factor back into the club, a new season, a fresh start. Alright if u dont like McGhee thats your call, but lets just start the season with an open mind towards him. His brief i would imagine this season is to get us in the play offs, lets see if he can do it...!!
[/QUOTE

Well said westy, nice to see sensible people posting a balanced view. see you only have 60 or so posts in 3 years..............you should post more often...........but then again if you are seeming to back MM you will be forever castigated as a loser and not being ambitious enough.

Oh well welcome to the bearpit:down:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yesterday people were having a pop at MM's transfer record but I actually think this is one area he has done well. Tactically he is up and down, but one thing I do like is that he gives youth a chance. Hopefully the addition of Wilkins to the senior back room staff will see their abilities flourish more than before (when MM doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of them).

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gullsworth said:
westy said:
why does London Irish get slated when he clearly talks sense?
Money does indeed talk, we have none everyone else last year bar Crewe and Millwall did. Look who went down!

Anyway, thats over with, lets be THE BIG FISH in the shit division again. We should take thousands where we go and get the feel good factor back into the club, a new season, a fresh start. Alright if u dont like McGhee thats your call, but lets just start the season with an open mind towards him. His brief i would imagine this season is to get us in the play offs, lets see if he can do it...!!
[/QUOTE

Well said westy, nice to see sensible people posting a balanced view. see you only have 60 or so posts in 3 years..............you should post more often...........but then again if you are seeming to back MM you will be forever castigated as a loser and not being ambitious enough.

Oh well welcome to the bearpit:down:

Just as antis are moaners and dont see the bigger picture?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
Just as antis are moaners and dont see the bigger picture?

Not really......................i think the winner here is the average fan who i think is the majority of the Albion fans. I hope i am an average fan, one who realises MM may not be everyones choice but he is working under extreme difficulties and should at least be given the chance to install a bit of stability in the club in a division they should at least be on a more level playing field! This thread has shown a lot of fans are being realistic and not going to push the panic button if we dont set this division alight.........Mid-table would be acceptable. Its not realy about being a MM fan or not, He is probably the best man at this time!
You have to admit someone with that point of view gets a lot of stick on here to being a MM lover and comments like "MM can do no wrong in your eyes" etc etc etc.

Everyones point of view can be valid but a lot of MM antis seem to have made it their mission to want him out at almost any cost. Their are not so many so called "Pro" MM posters who would want to back him at all costs and see the futher demise and fall of this club. So come on all you pro's and anti's at least back him 'till christmas..........at least the picture may be a little clearer then!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What I don't get is the way the debate gets so polarised, a lot of MM haters will not accept he has done any good while the MM lovers will not accept he has done anything wrong. Perhaps if they meet a bit more in the middle then these levels of disagreement wouldn't happen.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Les Biehn said:
What I don't get is the way the debate gets so polarised, a lot of MM haters will not accept he has done any good while the MM lovers will not accept he has done anything wrong. Perhaps if they meet a bit more in the middle then these levels of disagreement wouldn't happen.

Ageed, but at least this thread has shown that a lot of fans realise MA............good manager, but not faultless
MM............Not as bad as some would suggest and the best on offer as things stand

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gullsworth said:
Ageed, but at least this thread has shown that a lot of fans realise MA............good manager, but not faultless
MM............Not as bad as some would suggest and the best on offer as things stand

Very true Gullsworth. It certainly makes the new season more interesting.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:

I accept he has done well in the past and the fact that el Turi wasnt Mcghees doing - I think his mistakes cost Brighton championship status last year and he appears to not have many conections in the transfer market, now that is clearly not all Mcghees fault but i do believe his past is catching up with him and this doesnt allow him to bring the players in this club needs.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
I accept he has done well in the past and the fact that el Turi wasnt Mcghees doing - I think his mistakes cost Brighton championship status last year and he appears to not have many conections in the transfer market, now that is clearly not all Mcghees fault but i do believe his past is catching up with him and this doesnt allow him to bring the players in this club needs.

Maybe, but who else is there? Or should we just not go there again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:

Ok who is using Kinky's pc whilst he's away? Too many reasonable posts this pm for it to really be him :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Jesus, sensible posts from Kinky, minimal patronising from LI, I have in the main restrained from really having a pop at him, no major fallouts else where either. All we need now is Looney to admit gay adoption is not as horrific as he says, Uncle Spielberg to give a decent balanced opinion on a Spileberg film and 1066 and Kev to finally declare undying love for each other. Happy days, happy days.

Finchley Seagull said:
We were lucky. I don't think we actually scouted Zamora before his loan deal. I get the impression that we were just ringing around for a striker and he happened to be available. Once we had seen him play, I think any manager would have worked out he would have made a difference in Division 3 (as it was then) and we should try to sign him permanently. In the end we were lucky that Bristol Rovers would let him go and got a great deal.

As for Turienzo, I have heard various people on here say that it was Dick Knight who signed him. It is unlikely people would make it up although McGhee may have had some impact.

However, comparing them is stupid. How can you expect to attract a striker in the fourth level for £100k six years ago and then attract a good striker for the second level (a year ago) for a similar amount. It is ridiculous and is just another example of the anti-McGhee irrational behaviour. As has been said before, Stoke paid almost £1 million for Bangoura and he scored 10 goals. So, how can we expect to find a great Championship striker for £100-150k. We had to gamble and Turienzo did not pay off.

If you are going to gamble on a please actually see him play a few times first and not buy them on the strength of a video and pre-season friendly at Lewes!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think thats the main gripe with the El Turi thing he was signed on the back of a rather average showing in half a pre season game against Lewes.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I think Les Biehn, LI, and Spiderman himself Gullsworth have all made valid points.

For Kinky Gerbils to say he has no connections in the transfer market blah blah is not really true.
Go back to the point that he has probably made the club more money than any other manager in our history by selling players for WAY over the ods. Virgo 1.5 M?!! Fantastic business, as was the Harding, Currie money. Even Cullips sale was good money for someone who we got the best years out of.

When it comes 2 bringing players in, again go back to what was said earlier, its a hell of a lot harder to bring in Chamionship players for nothing than it is players like Nathan Jones who did well in Div 3. He doesnt sign loads of players as he doesnt want to fill the ranks with more of the same. So hes fussy, GOOD! Why sign 6 average players, id rather wait and see if he can unearth another Currie to be honest, 1 player tht could make the difference between midtable and the play offs.

Have a good evening all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here