spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Matt Clarke going to Bristol city in Webster deal on loan

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I may have missed this but did Webster play on Saturday when some South London scummers put five past them?

He did and he was out of position for one goal and gave away possession for another.

But then look back at what Duffy was doing for Blackburn before we signed him. :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I may have missed this but did Webster play on Saturday when some South London scummers put five past them?

He did but Johnson said his head wasn’t right .

Does beg question if we sign him and that striker that’s 40m spent and still 100% need a wing back ( debatable cm too )

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Our available CBs stand as:
Dunk
Duffy
Burn
Balogan
Clarke
(Webster)

If we sign Webster and Dunk leaves, Clarke goes out on loan that only leaves four CBs with Bernardo possibly coming in too, which makes three at the back look less likely as we'd be rather light in that area.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Dunk
Duffy
Burn
Balogan
Clarke
(Webster)

If we sign Webster and Dunk leaves, Clarke goes out on loan that only leaves four CBs with Bernardo possibly coming in too, which makes three at the back look less likely as we'd be rather light in that area.

More likely that Balogan is sold/loaned/released and Clarke is loaned out once we are sure Dunk is staying.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I don’t think Dunky is going anywhere, especially given what Duffy said today. I think Clarke out on loan or Balagon going, is far more likely!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Dunk
Duffy
Burn
Balogan
Clarke
(Webster)

Baluta can play CB and he is going to stuggle to win a CM spot.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Buy Webster, keep Dunk, loan out Clarke or Balogun, buy a right wing back and we'll have done very well...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As long as we don't pay £25M for Webster .......................... !

Are you paying for Webster then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It would be perfect to lead Leicester on to sell Maguire then we keep Dunk, leaving them short at the back with little time to find a replacement, especially as we own most of the CBs in the league.

I did say to Mrs DiS in the car today that we seem to be trying to corner the world market in Centre Backs.....

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Strong contender for the silliest question of 2019 award................................

In case you haven't worked it out, the answer would be no.

Thank you for that much-needed clarification. I was obviously being serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Or it's a new tactic - not three at the back, but five!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here