Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Webster *** Signed on 4 year deal ***

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Great news!

Now to find him a loan move for next season.

:dunce:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Anyway, welcome Adam. From what I’ve seen and read, an exciting addition to our team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Congratulations Adam!

Right now we could put out two different back fives, except for the RWB slot in which we only have Montoya fit.

X - Balogan - Burn - Bernardo - Bong
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Webster - March

Baluta can also play in defence and although I'm not sure how close to the first team Cox or O'Hora are, we have really good strength in depth for our back five with some useful versatility in Bernardo, Webster, March, Baluta and Balogan having some good experience in other positions either in defence or further forward.

Biggest questions for me would be are they all staying, does Schelotto have a role when he returns and does Webster replaxe Burn against Watford. I like the look of three CBs, getting Webster/keeping Clarke was essential to have the depth for it to work though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I mean if you play 3 CB:s you need five good central defenders, so you dont really have to sell anyone.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
To be fair , I’d take 40m for dunk as well

Seen a few mazy runs from Webster on YouTube . Maybe he could be the wing back ?

Really? And how would you use the money to replace him?

Considering we absolutely do not need to sell to buy, I'm curious as to how the money would be useful.

A common response is to "fund a superstar striker". The obvious (to anyone with some sense) problem there being that any striker worth more than 25-30M will command more wages than we are willing (but are perfectly able) to offer.

Also, 40M is not a representative amount for a nationally capped English centre back, especially considering what Maguire has just gone for. I don't even know why this is still being discussed, he's going nowhere anyway.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Amazing news, and a home grown local player to boot.

Just blows my mind what we have spent. Only feels like yesterday we had a buy a player fund.

I need to go and find a list showing our signings from Withdean to Wembley, its just incredible, the money we have spent now even on U23 players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazing news, and a home grown local player to boot.

Just blows my mind what we have spent. Only feels like yesterday we had a buy a player fund.

I need to go and find a list showing our signings from Withdean to Wembley, its just incredible, the money we have spent now even on U23 players.

Reading that I can hear Mr Bloom saying:-

"We, we, what the fudge is all this we business?"

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Congratulations Adam!

Right now we could put out two different back fives, except for the RWB slot in which we only have Montoya fit.

X - Balogan - Burn - Bernardo - Bong
Montoya - Duffy - Dunk - Webster - March

Baluta can also play in defence and although I'm not sure how close to the first team Cox or O'Hora are, we have really good strength in depth for our back five with some useful versatility in Bernardo, Webster, March, Baluta and Balogan having some good experience in other positions either in defence or further forward.

Biggest questions for me would be are they all staying, does Schelotto have a role when he returns and does Webster replaxe Burn against Watford. I like the look of three CBs, getting Webster/keeping Clarke was essential to have the depth for it to work though.

Webster can be the RWB according to Potter.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Welcome Mr. Webster!

The club have a good record of signing centre backs. I am really excited to see him in action next week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really? And how would you use the money to replace him?

Considering we absolutely do not need to sell to buy, I'm curious as to how the money would be useful.

A common response is to "fund a superstar striker". The obvious (to anyone with some sense) problem there being that any striker worth more than 25-30M will command more wages than we are willing (but are perfectly able) to offer.

Also, 40M is not a representative amount for a nationally capped English centre back, especially considering what Maguire has just gone for. I don't even know why this is still being discussed, he's going nowhere anyway.

This.

Maguire is not world class, yet went for £80m to £85m. On that basis Dunk and Tarkowski are £50m+ CB's. Not that we need to sell to acquire our remaining targets.

Anyway, well done to the club for getting a deal over the line, they obviously rate Webster very highly. Now onto ACM and striker.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I mean if you play 3 CB:s you need five good central defenders, so you dont really have to sell anyone.

And that’s the point....just listened to a chat on R5 mentioning the signing of Webster and then going on to the possibility of meaning it’s leading to Dunk out...but no understanding that it seems we will start the season with playing 3 CH’s ..leading really to needing 5 at the club ...or that this Webster has experience of playing in other positions...sigh

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This.

Maguire is not world class, yet went for £80m to £85m. On that basis Dunk and Tarkowski are £50m+ CB's. Not that we need to sell to acquire our remaining targets.

Anyway, well done to the club for getting a deal over the line, they obviously rate Webster very highly. Now onto ACM and striker.

Englands 1st choice CB.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
And that’s the point....just listened to a chat on R5 mentioning the signing of Webster and then going on to the possibility of meaning it’s leading to Dunk out...but no understanding that it seems we will start the season with playing 3 CH’s ..leading really to needing 5 at the club ...or that this Webster has experience of playing in other positions...sigh

3 Chris Hughton's?

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Webster can be the RWB according to Potter.

I know, but I think he said right back rather than wing back, but it might just be semantics.

Bernardo or March could move over to the right in an emergency I guess.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good signing.
However, would be hard to drop Burn on last nights form......

Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here