Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo or Warren Aspinall

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Does Warren Aspinall still work at the Sainsburys Distribution Centre in Basingstoke?

His Wiki page appears to be out of date. From listening to the things he has said, he scouts and writes match reports. He once said that the scouts had recommended that Burke look at assorted players they had recommended, none of them had been looked at.
Mr Chumley Warner may speak proper, but do you learn anything useful. People from around here drop their H's, I find him easy to understand.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Definitely Virgo.
I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. He can be very negative about us but there hasn't been a lot to be positive about until recently.
Much rather listen to someone who isn't scared to say it how it is.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Neither

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Was never really keen on WA but completely went off him after the Birmingham away match, spent most of the round up slagging off Rohan Ince. ‘He was an absolute disgrace, completely useless, wasn’t fit to wear the stripes, he should never ever play for us again, etc.’ My thought was had he ever seen Ince play before or had he forgotten he was our young player of the year last season. Everyone but especially the young, are entitled to a bad game but WA just kept laying into him & with a lot of venom so for me WA it a total ****.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WA knows a lot of intrinsic values about the game and can identify the strengths and weaknesses in both sides. AV describes the flow of the game better and tries to be impartial. Whoever is the guest commentator they don't seem to bounce off JC and make the flow sound natural. Other club's commentary teams tend to describe the action in more detail so you know what is happening on the pitch such as length and direction of passes , players positions and where the actual ball is instead of waffling .This annoys the listener as the crowd noise in the background tells you something is happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WA, really enjoy his blunt appraisals and clearly has great insight. I have no problem with his delivery or understanding what he is saying

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Definitely Virgo.
I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. He can be very negative about us but there hasn't been a lot to be positive about until recently.
Much rather listen to someone who isn't scared to say it how it is.
Exactly how i feel on this matter. I do find it funny when WA lets go the odd clanger though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not sure really.

One thing I can't stand though is the over opinionated nature of some commentaries. I don't really care what you think a player should or shouldn't have done, I want to know, WHAT is going on on the field.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Listening to virgo reminds me of a miserable girl I went out with and I could never do anything right .

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Virgo is tiresome. Aspinall is a bit of a disaster when it comes to players names, but he's actually quite good at describing the action on the pitch.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm not really fussed about 'opinions' and 'expert analysis', but it would be nice to have COMMENTARY that actually describes what is happening - where on the pitch, who is involved and what they are doing. I find the current offering virtually useless in terms of 'painting a picture for the listener'. At the moment, it is like listening two blokes who are the match chatting to each other about what they can see without describing it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm not really fussed about 'opinions' and 'expert analysis', but it would be nice to have COMMENTARY that actually describes what is happening - where on the pitch, who is involved and what they are doing. I find the current offering virtually useless in terms of 'painting a picture for the listener'. At the moment, it is like listening two blokes who are the match chatting to each other about what they can see without describing it.

This. The most annoying thing I find is you are never 100% sure if a goal has been scored and which team has scored the goal - I find myself pausing for two or three seconds until its clear who scored before I can celebrate with a traditional upward yes punch or a FFS downward punch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here