Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Trimingham's article in the Argus re Falmer.

Jan 26, 2004
Great article, I can't remember who said it, but I agree that the Argus are probably now realising that the prospect of No Albion, means next to no sales of the paper for them, so they have to help fight the clubs corner.

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath

"Albion reached the end of the Nineties having to sell their beloved Goldstone Ground"

WRONG

It was those asset stripping bastards Archer and Stanley who did it aided by Judas Bellotti.

Apart from that thought it a good article.

:smokin:

I know it may sound stupid....but....

Why can't we go back to the Goldstone? The way I see it there'd be two things to overcome:

1 - Buying the land from whoever now owns it. This probably wouldn't be cheap as it's a thriving :angry: retail park. I suspect this could be enough of a problem in itself.

2 - Planning Permission. I can't see a major problem there as a ground used to exist on that site anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr C,
I can't believe it would be big enough to be honest. I doubt we'd have had a problem moving away from the Goldstone under the right circumstances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where's the cycle track?

Bit too diplomatic for my liking. That's why the seafront cycle track is so shitty.

Adam Trimmingham sums up the Argus. He wants to please all the people all of the time and ends up pleasing nobody. Middle class dinner party bore.

The article is basically the same old drivel, neatly but poorly written and really difficult to get to the end of. It just appeals to the converted and is not going to change anybody's minds!

What changes people's minds is the promise of jobs, regeneration and the part a stadium could place in this agenda. None of this stuff. Adam Trimmingham could not care less!

I didn't know that Toad's Hall was in private hands. I played football there is the distant past. The mist came down and we couldn't see the goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here