Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I don’t get this statement when it frequently pops up. We pay most first-team players between 40 and 50 grand a week now, Dunk is on 60 grand a week.

Why can`t you understand it?
Allegedly he`s on 80k a week at Liverpool, also allegedly and i stand to be corrected our highest earners are 50/60k a week.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Doesn't strike me as our kind of signing at all - high wages, uncertain fitness and over 30.

Obviously a quality player when he is fit, but I'd be surprised if he comes here.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Being little old Brighton we should be honoured and delighted to be linked with a player of Lallana's pedigree.

But it just doesn't feel like a signing that we'd make under Graham Potter/Dan Ashworth. I suspect we'll be looking for more youngsters like Lamptey, though of course in other positions.

Of course I have absolutely no knowledge about the recruitment strategy or the Lallana story, so I'll wait and see. I'd be reasonably excited if it happened, I suppose.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Doesn't [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] know him ?
Not these days really unfortunately!!

Would highly doubt this one would happen. Another team would come closer to the wage demands especially as he's free.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think he'd be a good signing. He's got proven premier league experience which is something we never buy, and I think he would definitely add quality to the squad. Unfortunately though, I can't see it happening. I think his age and injury record would probably put the Albion off and even if we are in for him, I think clubs with bigger wallets than ours will be in for him as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A wealth of PL and International experience, providing the contract is heavily weighted towards being fit for selection then would be a good signing.

Only started 9 Liverpool PL games over the past 3 seasons so no doubt would have something to prove, rather than coasting if he came here.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
He’d be a great signing, would improve the whole team, but injury prone and currently on £110-120k a week, now he may accept a drop and as three is no transfer fee

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why can`t you understand it?
Allegedly he`s on 80k a week at Liverpool, also allegedly and i stand to be corrected our highest earners are 50/60k a week.

Well he isn’t going to be getting that sort of contract now is he? Linked massively to Southampton and they have a similar wage budget to ourselves. And you’ve just stated what I did about the players in the squad and wages to the top earners.

Tony the Pony

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I seem to recall some people saying Danny Ings was too old, and a sicknote, when he was leaving Liverpool. He hasn't done too bad for Saints this year.

Subject to the size of his wages, I'd take Lallana if we could afford him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here