Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Adam Lallana ****Singed****

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Would add quality to the squad but surprised if we were in for him tbh. We've been trying to lower the age of the squad plus how many No.10's do we need? On paper at least we have McA, Gross and Mooy even AJ chasing that role. If we even play with a 10. Lallana may be better than all of them arguably but it seems a strange one to me unless one of the others is going?

Lallana can also play wide or as a CM. That flexibility, along with his undoubted quality and experience, is making me a believer. If the finances work, why not?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Would add quality to the squad but surprised if we were in for him tbh. We've been trying to lower the age of the squad plus how many No.10's do we need? On paper at least we have McA, Gross and Mooy even AJ chasing that role. If we even play with a 10. Lallana may be better than all of them arguably but it seems a strange one to me unless one of the others is going?

I'd be surprised too. There's no doubting his ability but what we're sorely lacking is someone with real pace in midfield: Lallana is not going to bring that.

He just doesn't sound like a Potter singing to me.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Didn't the Liverpool assistant manager this week name Brighton as a team he has been impressed by, and one to watch next season?

Perhaps he knows something about our future transfer business?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If you look back over the last 4 years, we have only signed 2 players with PL experience - Mooy and Murray. Mooy had one season there, and Murray wanted a club closer to home.

AL does not fit the type of player we go for: young, promising, played well at a lower level or in another country.

I'd be amazed if we signed him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
If you look back over the last 4 years, we have only signed 2 players with PL experience - Mooy and Murray. Mooy had one season there, and Murray wanted a club closer to home.

AL does not fit the type of player we go for: young, promising, played well at a lower level or in another country.

You can't just have young players and the chances are we will lose Glenn this summer. Makes sense to bring in some experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Steve Sidwell, Liam Rosenior (ok may not be within the four years)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

ulloa too but I see your point. that was one thing about our transfer strategy that I've seen often bemoaned

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You can't just have young players and the chances are we will lose Glenn this summer.

Why do people keep saying this? Who on earth is going to buy a 37-year-old striker?

And we don't just have young players: Murray, Mooy, Gross, Dunk, Burn, Webster, Propper Ryan, Montoya and Stephens are all over 25 - there's plenty of experience there.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Interesting that in Potter's Burnley presser he talked about how young the squad was and the need for "balance" within it. A hint that we could be signing some experience?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And probably Saints go 0-1 up if goal line decision system was in place.

Still not convinced the whole of the ball was over the whole of the line from bird's eye.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Why do people keep saying this? Who on earth is going to buy a 37-year-old striker?

And we don't just have young players: Murray, Mooy, Gross, Dunk, Burn, Webster, Propper Ryan, Montoya and Stephens are all over 25 - there's plenty of experience there.

Or you could put it, who would want a proven goalscorer and target man? There are plenty of teams out there not thinking any further ahead than the next season

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Exactly. If we didn't want to keep Glenn we wouldn't have offered him a new contract in Feb, if Glenn Murray wasn't happy with his role at the club he wouldn't have signed that contract. He's very unlikely to be going anywhere and when he calls it a day he deserves the same kind of send off that Bruno had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here