[Albion] Adam Lallana **Leaving Summer 2024**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
At least the fans near me won't have to put up with me saying " since Lallana has gone of we have lost control of this game" anymore

And " get lallana on to see this out "

Wonderful footballer, RDZ on the pitch for us he was.

I do believe like Adam has said though its the right time, that money can be spent better elsewhere now

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brilliant footballer and understand his reasons for leaving. Wish him nothing but the best.

It'll free up a serious amount of wages, mind..

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just listened to the interview on the club website. In one sentence it’s a family decision to spend more time with his kids and towards the end of the video he suggests he wants to play a bit longer. According to The Athletic his family is based in Bournemouth; I wonder how he will achieve those twin aims?
Yes, I've been scratching my head over that one. He wants to be with his family in Bournemouth, he'll be spending a lot of time in Bournemouth and presumably he'll want to play for a club in or near Bournemouth. This means he'll probably end up at ...... nope, nothing springs to mind. Poole perhaps?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
His legacy will be numerous quiz questions in the future....." Who scored the only goal in the only game of Sam Allardyce's reign as England manager "......
Seriously though, a talented ball player, whose better days were behind him when he joined us. A clever player around the edge of the box, always looking to slip in that killer pass. Not overly physical and not a natural finisher but with a sharp brain and a finesse that many lack. Good luck to him in this next move and we may see him back one day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Spending more time with his family…Is Dorset / Hants THAT far away for a multi-millionnaire?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
More likely hooking up with Potter than RDZ.
Adam was helping out coaching the England u21’s. Wouldn’t be a surprise if he was welcomed into the coaching team for the seniors if Potter takes charge, plus the odd bit of tv work.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not one of our own. Not played enough to be missed as a player. We already have a large coaching team without paying him to learn from us. No Europe to add his expertise. Big chunk of wages off the books for a bit part player. Wish him well, but no loss.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I wish him well but not gutted, we need better in the squad now imo and we have plenty of other coaching/mentoring older players :shrug:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Sure.
But presumably RETIRING is the answer to the problem?
Not hoping he can cut down on a commute from Hampshire to Sussex.
Who knows, depends what he does next doesn't it? I'd be a bit put out if he rocked up in Barrow for next season, but I don't see any need to take him out into the woods and put him out of his misery just yet if he thinks he can find a place at another club somewhere that works better for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports