Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Lallana **Leaving Summer 2024**

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Been a magnificent player throughout his career here and at Liverpool. His days as a player in the PL are over imo as he just hasnt had the legs for most of this season so I'm happy he's called it quits.

I thought part of the deal was that he'd start his coaching career here? Feeling slightly let down as I think he'd make a great coach and surely the family thing would still be relevant if he took up coaching and was to end up any pretty much anywhere but Muff and Pompy.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Been a magnificent player throughout his career here and at Liverpool. His days as a player in the PL are over imo as he just hasnt had the legs for most of this season so I'm happy he's called it quits.

I thought part of the deal was that he'd start his coaching career here? Feeling slightly let down as I think he'd make a great coach and surely the family thing would still be relevant if he took up coaching and was to end up any pretty much anywhere but Muff and Pompy.
Maybe RDZ doesn’t want AL in his coaching team, maybe AL doesn’t want to work with RDZ, maybe AL wants to gain experience at a different club. All in all it’s probably not for family reasons unless they know where they want to live and it’s not around here.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Definitely been a class act. I think, pragmatically, it's the correct decision from a playing perspective.
Genuinely thought he would stay on in a coaching role. Maybe he'll return at some point.

Wish him all the very best.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
A class act on and off the pitch. I remember Paul Barber telling the story on a podcast of when Croft’s and Lallana were asked to take over following Potters departure. Barber was getting increasingly irritable he couldn’t get either on the phone ahead of training to make sure all was okay but it turned out that was because they had both got to the training ground so early to get started.

I’m not sure he would have contributed much on the pitch next year as without European football the number of games will be a lot less. I had hoped he would be in a coaching role but if it’s what’s best for his family then that’s the right thing.

He will be missed.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
A classy guy and helped our step upwards. Best of luck to him. Be happy to see him back in the future in a coaching role.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Reminds me of Kayal, a signing which seemed to lift the team to another level

Made a huge impact and a shame we weren’t able to keep him on as a coach, but presumably wants to keep playing more than we can guarantee

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
AL helped transform the way we played, always instinctively forward thinking, probing and driving us forward. At training he must’ve been a huge influence on our young forwards and midfielders.

Today’s news was almost inevitable, his appearances for a long time have been fleeting, whilst these days he has next to no influence on games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just listened to the interview on the club website. In one sentence it’s a family decision to spend more time with his kids and towards the end of the video he suggests he wants to play a bit longer. According to The Athletic his family is based in Bournemouth; I wonder how he will achieve those twin aims?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Notice he hasnt said 'retirement' in his statement or interview and got some more playing time left.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Just listened to the interview on the club website. In one sentence it’s a family decision to spend more time with his kids and towards the end of the video he suggests he wants to play a bit longer. According to The Athletic his family is based in Bournemouth; I wonder how he will achieve those twin aims?

Bournemouth do seem quite keen to emulate us of late.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Definitely been a class act. I think, pragmatically, it's the correct decision from a playing perspective.
Genuinely thought he would stay on in a coaching role. Maybe he'll return at some point.

Wish him all the very best.
We must have more crocs n coaches than fit players ?

The bean counters probably stuck a post it note on TB'd desk . . . £15m PA . . . Plus ralgex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here