Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adam Johnson

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Johnson was given a long jail term for grooming and sexually abusing a child, and from a position of trust/power. Evidence shows victims are affected for life. Remember too the ensuing aggressive abuse the victim faced. Johnson also lied to the bitter end.

You can keep drawing contrasts as much as you like, but you cannot argue with the facts.
Johnson was given a comparatively short sentence, compared to serial nonces who prayed upon babies and little children. He deserved the punishment he got. He was rightly given a lesser sentence than some other offenders (think Lost Prophets singer) have been given.

There is a difference of degree; you cannot argue with the facts.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Of course there is a degree of difference in the charge. He is not a Paedo like Russell Bishop. He is an adult that has been stupid, served his time and should be allowed to get on with his life.
Is it about that as a footballer he could earn lots of money? I am talking jealousy, obviously.
He made a mistake, how long does he have to serve?
Still don’t want him at our club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Johnson was given a comparatively short sentence, compared to serial nonces who prayed upon babies and little children. He deserved the punishment he got. He was rightly given a lesser sentence than some other offenders (think Lost Prophets singer) have been given.

Jeeez. You’re still at it. Why are you going to such great lengths to explain/defend his level of nonceness? Very very weird. He is an adult who groomed and abused a minor FFS. I’ll leave it at that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m saying that 6 years is a long sentence, reflecting the severity of grooming, sexual abuse of a child, from a position of power, and with zero mitigation including lying/nonchalence to the end.

There’s no need to benchmark this to sentencing for sexual abuse of infants.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course there is a degree of difference in the charge. He is not a Paedo like Russell Bishop. He is an adult that has been stupid, served his time and should be allowed to get on with his life.
Is it about that as a footballer he could earn lots of money? I am talking jealousy, obviously.
He made a mistake, how long does he have to serve?
Still don’t want him at our club.

A crime is not a mistake. He chose to commit that crime, and as such cannot be trusted. Grooming is not a one off, I got carried away and regret my stupidity.

You wouldn't give a thief a job handling money, so going back to football, where loads of impressionable youngsters watch every week, where training grounds have young girls teams, is not an option.
He is on the sex offenders register, so is rightly being monitored.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A crime is not a mistake. He chose to commit that crime, and as such cannot be trusted. Grooming is not a one off, I got carried away and regret my stupidity.

You wouldn't give a thief a job handling money, so going back to football, where loads of impressionable youngsters watch every week, where training grounds have young girls teams, is not an option.

Anyone on NSC not taking seriously the severity of Johnson’s orchestrated grooming then activity with a child over a prolonged period, needs to take 10 minutes out to read the judge’s sentencing. The victim’s life is in tatters, with aggressive abuse from adults and at school since. All she wanted was a signed football shirt, and the adult groomer set about a secretive plan to abuse. It was NOT a momentary mistake by the child offender.

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/r-v-johnson-sentencing.pdf

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

:clap:

And as I understand it, is not even allowed to be alone with his own child. What does that tell you?

A nonce is a nonce.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...chan-not-appear-Sky-Adam-Johnson-remarks.html

Gordon Strachan 'will not appear again' on Sky after comments comparing paedophile footballer Adam Johnson with black players facing racial abuse

Former Scotland manager Gordon Strachan will no longer be used by Sky Sports after controversial comments in which he appeared to conflate convicted sex offender Adam Johnson's situation with racial abuse.

Johnson has recently been released after serving three years in prison for engaging in sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan, and the ex-England winger has not ruled out a return to football.

Strachan said in his role as an occasional contributor on The Debate earlier this week: 'If he goes on to the pitch and people start calling him names, have we got to do the same as it is to the racist situation?

'Is it all right to call him names now after doing his three years - have we got to allow that to happen?'

Strachan is not an employee of Sky so is not subject to its disciplinary protocols, but the broadcaster has distanced itself from the Scot's remarks and it is understood he will not be used again.

A Sky statement said: 'The comments were made by a guest on The Debate. Of course Sky Sports does not support the comments and we're sorry for the offence they have caused.'​

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...chan-not-appear-Sky-Adam-Johnson-remarks.html

Gordon Strachan 'will not appear again' on Sky after comments comparing paedophile footballer Adam Johnson with black players facing racial abuse

Former Scotland manager Gordon Strachan will no longer be used by Sky Sports after controversial comments in which he appeared to conflate convicted sex offender Adam Johnson's situation with racial abuse.

Johnson has recently been released after serving three years in prison for engaging in sexual activity with a 15-year-old fan, and the ex-England winger has not ruled out a return to football.

Strachan said in his role as an occasional contributor on The Debate earlier this week: 'If he goes on to the pitch and people start calling him names, have we got to do the same as it is to the racist situation?

'Is it all right to call him names now after doing his three years - have we got to allow that to happen?'

Strachan is not an employee of Sky so is not subject to its disciplinary protocols, but the broadcaster has distanced itself from the Scot's remarks and it is understood he will not be used again.

A Sky statement said: 'The comments were made by a guest on The Debate. Of course Sky Sports does not support the comments and we're sorry for the offence they have caused.'​

What planet is GS living on. What a ridiculous thing to say. The world of football is better off without the poisonous dwarf if he is going to express opinions like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here