Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Forshaw

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
On topic, if the player was available at a reduced fee then I'd take it, knowing it might perhaps get us better quality elsewhere.

Otherwise very much no. Sure he's more combative than Norwood but I thought the idea was to compliment Stephens with better, not give him a lesser version of himself to work with.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very very good footballer. Would allow Stephens to play a little deeper which for me is his true strength.
From limited press reporting we seem to have switched our targets to home based players.
I wonder if Barber's comments about being priced out were just a cover to allow a change of direction from overseas transfers to proceed less publicly? If we are at all close to a couple of signings that may have succeeded.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Started about 20 games in 2 years and doesn't finish games when he does start.

There's a reason no one has picked him up yet.

Fair point, Forshaw would cost above 10 million really was my point...is he worth it... i know prices are mad currently and I guess I would want similar money for Stephens if he were to be sold..

Just get the feeling we could get so much more from la liga for example for this sort of money.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Started about 20 games in 2 years and doesn't finish games when he does start.

There's a reason no one has picked him up yet.

He has started few games, due to Clayton and Leadbitters partnership in the Championship. He played well at the beginning of last season and was touted about an England call up. His form tailed off towards the end of the season.

I doubt he will be going anywhere, he has 3 years left on his contract. Monk started the last friendly before the season starts with a midfield 3.

Guiedoura is available, he has been playing for the u23's. De Roon may still leave if someone pays his £10 million release clause.

Forshaw is likely to stay and battle with Clayton, Leadbitter, Howson and De Roon for the 3 centre mid positions.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Very very good footballer. Would allow Stephens to play a little deeper which for me is his true strength.
From limited press reporting we seem to have switched our targets to home based players.
I wonder if Barber's comments about being priced out were just a cover to allow a change of direction from overseas transfers to proceed less publicly? If we are at all close to a couple of signings that may have succeeded.

Disagree, I would have preferred Howson if we were looking domestically, who ironically Boro picked up for 5-6M.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here