Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Clayton

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good player - combative but with an eye for goal (as a replacement for the departing Navarro I would say he is half the player again)l - certainly someone we might look at but that doesn't mean we are. He turned down Leeds contract offer and although they talk a big act of keeping down costs and refusing to be held to ransom etc., they are talking to some pretty high priced targets so don't be fooled. My guess is that Middlesboro (looking for a replacement for Robson) or Ipswich might match his wage demands but who really knows?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Good player - combative but with an eye for goal (as a replacement for the departing Navarro I would say he is half the player again)l - certainly someone we might look at but that doesn't mean we are. He turned down Leeds contract offer and although they talk a big act of keeping down costs and refusing to be held to ransom etc., they are talking to some pretty high priced targets so don't be fooled. My guess is that Middlesboro (looking for a replacement for Robson) or Ipswich might match his wage demands but who really knows?

He implied that he wasn't offered an extension, or if so, it was an extremely poor offer. In fact his words on twitter were along the lines of "sadly it's true" when rumours were around that he wasn't being offered a new deal. Leeds fans I know up here were shocked, and pretty angry in fact.

He's a real class player, a good battler as you say, with a lot of fight but also an eye for goal or that killer pass. I'd love him to be in our squad next season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He implied that he wasn't offered an extension, or if so, it was an extremely poor offer. In fact his words on twitter were along the lines of "sadly it's true" when rumours were around that he wasn't being offered a new deal. Leeds fans I know up here were shocked, and pretty angry in fact.

He's a real class player, a good battler as you say, with a lot of fight but also an eye for goal or that killer pass. I'd love him to be in our squad next season.

certainly a different view to that peddled by the club but then with Bates and Warnock................................

Yes I'd love to see Clayton here but can't really see it. Still, I'll keep my fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Supposedly an unnamed team have placed a bid for him.

Hmm...sort of player we would go for?

Surely he's going to be signed by a team established enough to have thought of a name for themselves?

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk

Boro meant to be close to announcing the signing of leadbitter.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Larry Mullen Jr is better in my opinion, but he doesnt like to play on Sunday, bloody Sunday!!

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Larry Mullen Jr is better in my opinion, but he doesnt like to play on Sunday, bloody Sunday!!

He does seem to move from club to club, maybe he still hasn't found what he's looking for. Anyway, if we did sign him, I think he'd be even better than the real thing.

Repeat and rinse..... :D

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
He does seem to move from club to club, maybe he still hasn't found what he's looking for. Anyway, if we did sign him, I think he'd be even better than the real thing.

Repeat and rinse..... :D

But do you think he would have the Desire to play for this club !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here