Adam Chicksen signs [merged threads]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He is not very tall for a full back. The only bonus I can see is Lewington was actually quite a good full back to keep him out the MK Dons team. I hope the Latvian is good enough.

On the face of it, we have not had a 5 ft 8 " full back ever. Too small. Have we been mugged?

Even Gary Hart was taller. Can he score goals?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
On the face of it, we have not had a 5 ft 8 " full back ever. Too small. Have we been mugged?

Yep you just cant have small full backs, being tall is a fundamental requirement for that position. What about that Roberto Carlos fella? I mean he was 5ft 6 and completely toilet wasnt he? :ffsparr:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Chicksen is Milton Keynes born and bred and he can see similarities between the clubs off the field as well as on it.

“At MK Dons the club and the fanbase really grew once we got the new stadium and since Brighton moved to the Amex, a similar thing has happened here but on a much bigger scale."

:rolleyes: Not really keen with us being compared to MK Mongs.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
On the face of it, we have not had a 5 ft 8 " full back ever. Too small.

We had Stewart Henderson who was 5ft 6in...

hendersonv3.jpg

Played over 200 games for us.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Phillipe Lahm?

He's a right back I'm afraid... Does occasionally switch to the left though...

Jordi Alba is 5ft 7 however, and he plays for Barca (although I'm not sure he's the best in the world, he's certainly up there)

Full backs don't really need aeriel presence, although it can be a bonus

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Jorge Campos, different position I know but national Mexican goalkeeper for 13 years, 5ft 8 and 1/2 inches.
he did quite well.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Went from crowds of 5000 in L2 at the hockey stadium to 8000 in their new stadium in the division above. Meteoric, and all in the space of five seasons as well. Its not even slightly comparable Mr Chicksen.

Blimey, give the lad a break!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports