Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Actually, things aren't that bad are they?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good God, a wave of positivity has come over me after looking at the league table, so i thought i better post something.

Things started quite badly under Mcghee didn't they? And we still made the play-offs, despite looking like we'd fluffed it around Christmas.

Most people think we're capable of a play-off place, or there wouldn't be so much moaning, even when we win. The potential is there, certainly from the starting line up. But we've only really seen one quality performance. So far, anyway.

And we're only a couple of points away from the play-offs at the moment. That's nothing. Especially if we're to win on Saturday!

Anyway, it only needs a bit of consistency, and a few players to hit better form (cox, Hammond, Forster) and we could well be in for a good season after all.

We can hope, anyway

:ascarf:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good God, a wave of positivity has come over me after looking at the league table, so i thought i better post something.

Things started quite badly under Mcghee didn't they? And we still made the play-offs, despite looking like we'd fluffed it around Christmas.

If you're going to use an example, please get it right. We were in 2nd place after the Rushden game when Coppell left, Booker took over for October and we lost 3 in a row but were still second. After the Boxing Day game we were 4th.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10433~2003,00.html

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Are you feeling alright?

Actually, no - i think i've got the flu!:lol:

If you're going to use an example, please get it right. We were in 2nd place after the Rushden game when Coppell left, Booker took over for October and we lost 3 in a row but were still second. After the Boxing Day game we were 4th.

http://www.seagulls.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10433~2003,00.html

Alright, crikey - i'm actually referring to the end of February that season, which goes to further back up my point. There's plenty of time yet, perhaps it is early days to write this season off. :)

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
people take the piss and say that people on this binfest of a messageboard are fickle. but it really is if we win people think we'll make he playoffs, if we lose we're heading for relegation.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So who was in charge for the Blackpool game, the one after Rushden where we went top? Please get it right... ;)

He he you're right. Coppell left after that game not the Rushden game. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
people take the piss and say that people on this binfest of a messageboard are fickle. but it really is if we win people think we'll make he playoffs, if we lose we're heading for relegation.

Hold on a minute, i think there's quite a difference between 'fickle', and observing that somehow, despite our pretty crap overall performances this season, we're just outside the play-offs!

The majority of games i've seen thise season we've been bad, at times looking like a team that could go down! However, the table gives us hope...it suggests that anyone can beat anyone really, which indicates that we might not actually have to get THAT much better to be in with a shout of something at the end of the season.

Of course, if we continue to put in the dire performances that we've been serving up more often than not and DON'T get results, then we'll be in trouble. But for now, the league table at least, looks promising.:)

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Swindon away (28/12) through to Grimsby away (14/2) we were pretty poor apart from the Plymouth home game.

We've also just picked up 4 points away in games we lost last season.

I don't think we will get to the play-off but if we finish 10th i'll be happy with that as that will be a vast improvement on last year and we will be heading in the right direction.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
We've also just picked up 4 points away in games we lost last season.

by the same token, we have picked up 0 points in away games we got 4 from last season

it is still way too early - you only have to look at last seasons league table to see that. while we are getting results, we have only played really well once - to get anywhere in this league, we need to be more consistent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here