Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Acousitic Guitar

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think that might just be a little too far for [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION] :lolol:

Just a little, especially when it down't look like I will be able to get over for a while.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am thinking that I may drop my budget for this somewhat. Reading some of these replies I am starting to wonder if I need to spend quite so much on an acoustic. I think I can get something that suits my needs for less.

This is partially due to the fact that my old MacBook has finally shat itself so I think I will spend some guitar money on a new laptop and software so I can continue to record.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I am thinking that I may drop my budget for this somewhat. Reading some of these replies I am starting to wonder if I need to spend quite so much on an acoustic. I think I can get something that suits my needs for less.

This is partially due to the fact that my old MacBook has finally shat itself so I think I will spend some guitar money on a new laptop and software so I can continue to record.

Does it need to be electro acoustic or just pure acoustic ?

If just acoustic then you need to consider this model

https://youtu.be/gAY7SX0WHrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I had a go on a Faith electro acoustic (not plugged in) a couple of years ago and was very impressed. Nearly got one for about £600 but remembered

1) I'm not particularly good
2) I've got progressive arthritis in my hands

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I had a go on a Faith electro acoustic (not plugged in) a couple of years ago and was very impressed. Nearly got one for about £600 but remembered

1) I'm not particularly good
2) I've got progressive arthritis in my hands

Faith !

Totally forgot about them , almost bought a Saturn dreadnought a few years back

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Does it need to be electro acoustic or just pure acoustic ?

If just acoustic then you need to consider this model

https://youtu.be/gAY7SX0WHrs

I like to record stuff so a pickup would be handy. Not a complete necessity as I mostly just use it for having and sing and play at home.

That Yamaha certainly looks like a possibility.

Now I am looking at a new laptop then less I can spend on an acoustic the more grunt i can get in a laptop. It seems to be that there are plenty of nice guitars around this price point.

Can't wait to get out and start playing some.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Really wouldn't get a cheap Martin or Taylor. The build quality isn't up too much in general.

I would recommend looking at Tanglewoods, Simon & Patricks as they are superbly made in general. Second hand as well if possible.

Also look at brands such as Vintage, and Ibanez did a budget acoustic that is meant to be pretty good as well.

Get something with a solid top and if you can afford a bit extra then all solid would be a recommendation.

I agree with you on the Martin and Taylor, Mexican builds are generally not very good although you can pick up some decent GS minis, got to play them first though. Better off with a much cheaper Yamaha, or similar.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have a takamine, which is very nice, got it cheap from a mate.

Biggest mistake I ever made was not buying a pukka ovation for £250 20 odd years ago, they're lovely and easy to play.

Tried a few Martins, always thought they were a bit over rated. Take that with a pinch of salt, I am a bass player!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have a takamine, which is very nice, got it cheap from a mate.

Biggest mistake I ever made was not buying a pukka ovation for £250 20 odd years ago, they're lovely and easy to play.

Tried a few Martins, always thought they were a bit over rated. Take that with a pinch of salt, I am a bass player!

Me too, so your opinion is worth double :lolol::lolol:

btw did you see my bass thread? https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?389095-Hollow-Body-Bass-Guitar&p=9940636#post9940636

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
The best guitar I ever had the pleasure to play was a Froggy Bottom. Can't remember the model. The sound it produced (even for the bad player that I am) was electrifying.

Unfortunately, I would have to sell my liver to be able to afford one.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here