Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Accusations & Trial by media (Schofield & This Morning)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
hahaha you can imagine trevor and simon agressively doorstepping suspected nonces and going through bins for shredded documents and incriminating photos. you are right we need everyone on this.

They don't do paeduvets.

Camicus

Less than a day later, ITV's stunt is looking cheaper and nastier already.

Cameron handled this well.

Schofield can stay in the tittle-tattle camp of Ross Kelly, Lorraine Kelly and other 'presenters', and leave proper journalism for the professionals.

Isnt it better that its out in the open and getting cleared up? Cameron in his typical **** fashion tried to shift it on to gay people.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Messham was told the abuser he identified was Lord McApline. the apologies suggest he's been under a misunderstanding, he had the wrong name and identity. he does not say "i was abused by a senoir politican", that claim of a senior politician comes from the reporting, and the claim is now retracted by the source.

But this only relates to one of his abusers. If there is no suspicion of a cover up then why is there now to be an inquiry into the investigations that took place at the time?

Cameron in his typical **** fashion tried to shift it on to gay people.
No-one (certainly not Call Me Dave) is saying that many gay men are paedophiles. But there is an obviously irrefutable case for saying that men who sexually abused boys in the seventies were indulging in homosexual acts.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No-one (certainly not Call Me Dave) is saying that many gay men are paedophiles. But there is an obviously irrefutable case for saying that men who sexually abused boys in the seventies were indulging in homosexual acts.

25 years ago there was certainly a sizeable part of the Tory party who often confused paedophilia with homosexuality, the effect of which was Clause 28, probably the most ignorant piece of legislation passed by Thatcher's government or any government come to that. Only last week some Leeds fans were making the comparison between Savile and Albion fans (because obviously we're all gay) so the ignorance is still there.

I can see where Cameron is coming from with his comments but it came across very badly IMHO.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Messham was told the abuser he identified was Lord McApline. the apologies suggest he's been under a misunderstanding, he had the wrong name and identity. he does not say "i was abused by a senoir politican", that claim of a senior politician comes from the reporting, and the claim is now retracted by the source.

What of the question raised at PMQ's relating to indecent images and an aide under a previous PM?

This is not the whole story.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
As the original poster I am quite intriqued as to whom 'Camicus' mentioned in the response to my post. Is someone going to be suing your ass Camicus? Maybe it's the time to ask again. Is trial by social media (& mainstream terrestrial media) in societies interests?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here