According to today's Argus Gus will appear in Court in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
How can Gus be a witness, he could not possibly have had a view of the "incident" Only some of WSL (including me) and SWC could see it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How can Gus be a witness, he could not possibly have had a view of the "incident" Only some of WSL (including me) and SWC could see it

Weren't there five incidents? Were they all down at the SWC?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Surely the prosecution would have a field day in discrediting Gus as a man with an axe to grind against a club that sacked him. I'm not saying he does have an axe to grind, but it's not a big stretch to suggest he might have. It's not often you get dismissed for gross misconduct and still have a lot of time for your old employers. Surely whatever he says could be considered prejudiced.

What do his former employers have to do with it?

Are they bringing the case or is it Sussex Police?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Weren't there five incidents? Were they all down at the SWC?

I only saw one "incident" but it involved more than one gesture. My only thought at the time was how incredibly childish, it's the sort of thing you might see in the playground.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I only saw one "incident" but it involved more than one gesture. My only thought at the time was how incredibly childish, it's the sort of thing you might see in the playground.

According to the report he made homophobic insults at least five times. :shrug:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's interesting that Bridge has been called for the defence as he was marking CKR at the time of the incident.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wonder if CKR's gestures to the Albion fans at Ewood will be brought up too?

Whilst I did see them unfortunately I did not have enough time to be mortally offended as I was too busy calling CKR a Gregg's addicted useless w*nker at the time.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can I assume that Wayne Bridge, DJ Campbell, the referee and three others on the pitch will get the same level of grief from NSC as Gusis getting? Or shall we go gathering more pitchforks?

Can we assume you will EVER let it go?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Gus will open his bit with..."It was when I was being touted for chelsea when the event occurred"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports