Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to today's Argus Gus will appear in Court in Brighton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What, we've sacked Gus, he's not our manager, bloody hell they kept that quiet.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
On the Friends of Fulham website there is this view on Gus Poyet's credentials of managing them.

Pretty much my thoughts really.

Extract;

Many will disagree with me on Jol but who do you honestly believe is going to do a better job? The consensus appears to be Gus Poyet although I really can’t see why. We are not a club who can afford to take a chance on a manager who has no Premier League experience, let alone a manager who let’s not forget was dismissed from his last job for improper conduct.

Poyet is yet to be snapped up by any other club which to me speaks volumes. Jol may not be your cup of tea and we may well finish mid table again but I can’t see him getting us relegated. Let’s give him the season and make our decision then.

Friends of Fulham website

Last edited:

What do they say about six degrees of connection?

1. That article suggests that either Gus Poyet or Gary Lineker might replace Alan Hansen as a MOTD pundit.

2. As revealed on the recent BBC 'Who Do You Think You Are' programme, Gary Lineker's great great great grandfather, James Pratt, was a convicted thief from Hinckley, in Leicestershire

3. Gary Lineker's great great great grandfather was once accused of stealing a scythe from one of my ancestors, who was the Parish Constable in Hinckley - but the case was dismissed by the magistrates.

4. Gus Poyet will be appearing before magistrates in January.

5. The case may or may not be dismissed.

6. The BBC will be interested.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
On the Friends of Fulham website there is this view on Gus Poyet's credentials of managing them.

Pretty much my thoughts really.

Extract;

Many will disagree with me on Jol but who do you honestly believe is going to do a better job? The consensus appears to be Gus Poyet although I really can’t see why. We are not a club who can afford to take a chance on a manager who has no Premier League experience, let alone a manager who let’s not forget was dismissed from his last job for improper conduct.

Poyet is yet to be snapped up by any other club which to me speaks volumes. Jol may not be your cup of tea and we may well finish mid table again but I can’t see him getting us relegated. Let’s give him the season and make our decision then.

Friends of Fulham website

Interesting.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was sat 8 rows back in WSL between half way line and South end and it happened right in front of me. I'm not bothered one way or another tbh but there's absolutely no denying what he did and I'd be horrified if Poyet suggested that the incident didn't happen.

It's one thing saying he didn't see anything as gazillions wouldn't, but if he says he was watching CKR after the incident that led to his actions and he didn't do anything that would be .............................. well, wrong!

You have hit the head on the nail. I was in WSL and saw all the actions. It is immaterial whether CKZ should be in court or not as he is. If Gus states it did not happen then he is a liar again and that is .....................very well wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who knows. But yes, do please go on denigrating him in absolutely any way possible due to the club's decision to fire him without telling anyone why.*

*I'm not necessarily saying it was unjustified, just that no-one knows. Aside from B.W., of course, and I've no doubt he'll pitch up here soon telling all and sundry that he knows everything but can't possibly reveal any of it because of the nature of his "source."

So true. The way some can't wait to stick the boot in is pathetic...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The same reason as the ref, Wayne bridge, Blackburn's manager and a few others who were on the pitch that evening. Bluntly they will either say they saw nothing, or perhaps that what is alleged is a misunderstanding / over reaction

Correct.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So is this Liz Costa v Gus/Wayne Bridge/Ref/CKR

Could be interesting.

I hope she has screamed for a policeman to be in attendance.

Serious question: Was she was one of the complainants? I haven't paid too much attention to all this.

As mentioned, this has all the ingredients to turn into a circus. The media must be licking their chops in anticipation. No matter what CKR may or may not have done and whatever the verdict, the club and football in general could well come across in a bad light after the media have spiced things up with a few well chosen and twisted headlines - Despite BHA being an innocent party in all this.

Nothing whatsoever to do with this.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
The same reason as the ref, Wayne bridge, Blackburn's manager and a few others who were on the pitch that evening. Bluntly they will either say they saw nothing, or perhaps that what is alleged is a misunderstanding / over reaction

manager? who was it that month!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here