Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to today's Argus Gus will appear in Court in Brighton

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The fact that he's declared Not Guilty is bizarre in itself, especially considering the number of witnesses to the actions. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Who knows. But yes, do please go on denigrating him in absolutely any way possible due to the club's decision to fire him without telling anyone why.*

*I'm not necessarily saying it was unjustified, just that no-one knows. Aside from B.W., of course, and I've no doubt he'll pitch up here soon telling all and sundry that he knows everything but can't possibly reveal any of it because of the nature of his "source."

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Who knows. But yes, do please go on denigrating him in absolutely any way possible due to the club's decision to fire him without telling anyone why.*

*I'm not necessarily saying it was unjustified, just that no-one knows. Aside from B.W., of course, and I've no doubt he'll pitch up here soon telling all and sundry that he knows everything but can't possibly reveal any of it because of the nature of his "source."

Edited my post out, wasn't thinking re. current court process.*

Sorry mods *smacks self*.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
How can there be a defence it is clear what he did most of us saw it - he's a silly little boy needs to grow up

Perhaps he is not denying that he was gesturing by pointing repeatedly at his backside, but his defence is that it wasn't homophobic? e.g. he might simply have been trying to tell the home fans what he'd just done in the away changing room....

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Should this thread be subject to the same restrictions as the Dunk/Rodgers etc court case? Does appear to be a lot of speculation here?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Serious question: Was she was one of the complainants? I haven't paid too much attention to all this.

As mentioned, this has all the ingredients to turn into a circus. The media must be licking their chops in anticipation. No matter what CKR may or may not have done and whatever the verdict, the club and football in general could well come across in a bad light after the media have spiced things up with a few well chosen and twisted headlines - Despite BHA being an innocent party in all this.

I havent seen this anywhere, she just seems to be the latest punchbag (easy target) on a few forums at present. I am sure the Argus will be all over the case later, unless NSC has its own reporter present for live updates.

Should this thread be subject to the same restrictions as the Dunk/Rodgers etc court case? Does appear to be a lot of speculation here?
Is it a jury trial? Or just a magistrates court case? Juries can be influenced by inappropriate external speculation. I think magistrates are considered to be professional enough to know what they must take into account (and what they must ignore) in hearing a case.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'It's different back home, he needs time to adjust to our culture'

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Is it a jury trial? Or just a magistrates court case? Juries can be influenced by inappropriate external speculation. I think magistrates are considered to be professional enough to know what they must take into account (and what they must ignore) in hearing a case.

As long as Bozza's not going to get into trouble, that is all I was worried about.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because that's sort of how our courts work - everyone is entitled to a defence.

I probably worded it wrong but my point is how can all these people being brought in for his defence actually help him when it is cast iron what he did? Everyone saw it so what can his defence be? Might play the race/culture card like footballers usually do:rolleyes:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Surely the prosecution would have a field day in discrediting Gus as a man with an axe to grind against a club that sacked him. I'm not saying he does have an axe to grind, but it's not a big stretch to suggest he might have. It's not often you get dismissed for gross misconduct and still have a lot of time for your old employers. Surely whatever he says could be considered prejudiced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here