Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

According to Alan Brazil, we've run out of money.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
If money was tight we'd lose all our games, not least Birmingham. Yeah, so so true.

Utter bull. This man needs his P45 back.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
To be fair, it is common knowledge that Brighton and Hove Albion ran out of money. It is a shame that Mr Brazil never sobered up since hearing this news back in 1995 and still has no idea that we no longer play at the Goldstone Ground.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What does 'run out of money' actually mean though?

Spent our budget for this season ?

Have nothing in the bank, and can't cover anymore 8 million pound losses ?

Maybe he just read that Palace idiot on football rumours who keeps banging on that we've no money and are selling Bridcutt to them for something like 12p :lolol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Maybe he just read that Palace idiot on football rumours who keeps banging on that we've no money and are selling Bridcutt to them for something like 12p :lolol:

Now why wouldn't it surprise me if Brazil got his info from football rumours?

Also, as another poster said, I don't buy him 'having contacts'. The only contacts he would have likely kept going are the heads of the breweries.

Still, we might not have any money though. Just he wouldn't know shite....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't buy him 'having contacts'. ....

He spends most of his time pissed out of his head in bars talking to players, managers, owners and the media about football. As any journalist would tell you, that's when you get your best stories.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
He spends most of his time pissed out of his head in bars talking to players, managers, owners and the media about football. As any journalist would tell you, that's when you get your best stories.

:lolol: Point taken, but frankly who would talk to him being that he is just a pissed-up journalist, and even if they did tell him 'stuff', how would he remember what he was told?

Aug 23, 2011

Exactly. "Run out of money" may mean not spending £2m on a striker again this season or the club aren't prepared to ignore FFP and the fines by overspending. Perhaps its becasue we didn't (re)sign Bridge on inflated wages and so obviously we're skint.

I doubt it means the club are broke and can't cover their expenditure. I'd like to think that the club are being run sensibly similar to Arsenal where they aren't prepared to be held to ransom on transfer fees or wages.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
:lolol: Point taken, but frankly who would talk to him being that he is just a pissed-up journalist, and even if they did tell him 'stuff', how would he remember what he was told?

He isn't a journalist. I prefer overpaid blagger. And on the memory thing, you have an excellent and valid point.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is the same drunk idiot who touts Ipswich for promotion every pre-season. :wanker:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Crap tabloid radio station with crap presenters, who like to stir the crap for the sake of their crap ratings.

How could you ever take this bloke seriously?

BIey4B7CMAAmoXk.jpg talkSPORT-AlanBrazil13.jpg

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hardly front page news. OK there's no denying that Barber has been fairly open in recent months about reining in our deficit but doesn't mean we are skint, just having to be very prudent. Talksport are only too happy to peddle gossip and half truths. I take most of what is said on there with a huge pinch of salt.

Of course it's no coincidence that throw away comments like that happen to suit the agenda of a certain ex-Albion manager. Brazil is still keen to talk up his Ipswich connections so who knows he might have had a chat with Tanno or maybe just put a bit of spin on bar room tittle tattle?

Pity he didn't acknowledge that we have been reasonably active in the transfer market and only just signed two players in Andrews and Ward who were allegedly on big money elsewhere, so we can't be that skint. The trouble is Clubs trying to be prudent under FFP are a soft target for cheap comments, just because we aren't spraying money around for fun like in the Prem or Championship clubs with parachute money. I hope Alan Brazil asks searching questions about the Clubs like Forest who are spraying money around, in spite of FFP.

Of course in some ways it may not do too much harm for such stories to play down our financial position so when we go looking for signings other Clubs don't think we are minted, but then I don't think they are that easily fooled either.

The club have been hit hard financially by not getting into the premiership. By all the cost cutting that is going on I would say that money is tight but this is only to be expected. The club has to be run on a tight budget and the days of running up huge debts are over. We are going to have to rely on loans, free transfers and developing players for the future or find an extremely rich benefactor.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why does anyone listen to TalkSport, let alone believe anything any of their presenters say?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
talksport - s*n.

I still find it inconceivable that anyone actually listens/reads their rubbish, says a lot for Britain today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here