Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] AC/DC Wembley July 2024

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did similar with a chum few years ago. We went to arena shows as much as we could.

We saw Aerosmith, Maiden, Rollins Band.AC/DC, Soufly (though that was at Concorde 2! They usually play massive stadiums. It was carnage 🤣)
Rammstein was also a standout for me.

Hoping to see them in Tubthumper country this year. I can’t recommend their show enough. Mind blowing.
I have seen Rammstein.....but I was sitting outside a bar in Ostkruez some 10 miles away from the Olympiastadion where they were playing...we could see their stage pyro lighting up the sky.

I have seen videos of their shows...which are nuts. I read they deliberately design their stages so that they are taller than the stadiums they are in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did similar with a chum few years ago. We went to arena shows as much as we could.

We saw Aerosmith, Maiden, Rollins Band.AC/DC, Soufly (though that was at Concorde 2! They usually play massive stadiums. It was carnage 🤣)
Rammstein was also a standout for me.

Hoping to see them in Tubthumper country this year. I can’t recommend their show enough. Mind blowing.
I dread to think of the number of gigs and festivals I have been to but I have covered a lot of genres and rock and metal crowds are by far one of the more friendlier, less aggro, polite, more fun and up for it crowds there are. A tour manager friend has said the same; this is from an ops side of things.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dread to think of the number of gigs and festivals I have been to but I have covered a lot of genres and rock and metal crowds are by far one of the more friendlier, less aggro, polite, more fun and up for it crowds there are. A tour manager friend has said the same; this is from an ops side of things.

From working at the Brighton Centre I can agree, with limited experience, that the metal bands are great and bring a good crowd.

Worst performer for attitude was Paul Weller.

Worst crowd was for Liam Gallagher.

Arrogant, middle aged lads basically.

Although Daniel O’ Donnells audience were possibly the rudest I’ve ever encountered.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’d be cautious about spending a packet going to see some septuagenarian rockers with barely any original members.

Having said that, they could pull it out of the bag.
Interesting argument Mr Clamp.

To the paying public its still clearly ACDC, half 'The Who' still sell tours out without anyone passing any real comment, but if Paul and Ringo suddenly called a press conference and said The Beatles were going back on tour 54 years after they originally split you could almost imagine the Binfest?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
From working at the Brighton Centre I can agree, with limited experience, that the metal bands are great and bring a good crowd.

Worst performer for attitude was Paul Weller.

Worst crowd was for Liam Gallagher.

Arrogant, middle aged lads basically.

Although Daniel O’ Donnells audience were possibly the rudest I’ve ever encountered.
How did you find Suggs?

Have heard varying reports down the years.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wait for the hologram virtual concert. Least the dead members will be in that, no crocked throats, drips or armchairs on stage etc.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very much this. Particularly with Maiden it's a bit tribal like football but one big family all in support of the same team.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Having gone through the stress of getting a ticket and then the pain of paying for it, I am now really looking forward to it.

If you want Blood was one of my earliest introductions to the world of rock and roll, I was hooked. As a teen Back in Black and For Those About to Rock became huge albums for me, opened my account at Wembley in 1982, followed that up with the 1984 Monsters of Rock at Donington (the greatest rock festival ever) appearance and then several shows thereafter. One that sticks in the mind was a Wembley Arena show after I had just been to the Euro 96 QF against Spain and Brian politely enquires why the audience is in such a good mood :).

Loads more memories too. It's sad that Malcolm and Cliff will not be at this show but to see Brian and Angus fill the night air, for what may well be the last time, with those massive tunes will be an utter joy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having gone through the stress of getting a ticket and then the pain of paying for it, I am now really looking forward to it.

If you want Blood was one of my earliest introductions to the world of rock and roll, I was hooked. As a teen Back in Black and For Those About to Rock became huge albums for me, opened my account at Wembley in 1982, followed that up with the 1984 Monsters of Rock at Donington (the greatest rock festival ever) appearance and then several shows thereafter. One that sticks in the mind was a Wembley Arena show after I had just been to the Euro 96 QF against Spain and Brian politely enquires why the audience is in such a good mood :).

Loads more memories too. It's sad that Malcolm and Cliff will not be at this show but to see Brian and Angus fill the night air, for what may well be the last time, with those massive tunes will be an utter joy.
With this positive attitude you will not fail to have a good time. One of the finest moments in live music is For Those About to Rock....with the 12 cannons going off....enjoy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

3:30 onwards for the cannons!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
followed that up with the 1984 Monsters of Rock at Donington (the greatest rock festival ever) appearance
'84 was arguably the best line-up for Monsters of Rock. I missed this as I started going the year after and went from '85 to '88. Good times.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
'84 was arguably the best line-up for Monsters of Rock. I missed this as I started going the year after and went from '85 to '88. Good times.
84 was awesome, shame Van Halen wasted a lot of their set on god awful drum and bass solos and Eddie criminally playing the Jump solo on the keyboard (I am STILL mad about this). Rest of the day just an absolute belter, including us hearing Crüe start early from the car park and we had to leg it in to catch their bottle strewn set.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, all original dates in Germany now sold out. 3 new dates have been added: 2 in Hannover and 1 in Dresden.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Hard to think that they aren't going to add another date (or two) between the 3rd and 7th of July.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

I'm not a massive AC/DC fan but when it comes to live albums ' If You Want Blood You've Got It ' is up there with the best for it's sheer quality and rawness. My favourable track of theirs has to be Let There Be Rock.

Jul 7, 2003
I regret never having seen Thin Lizzy, but they were just a few years before my gig going time. Unique sound, great songs, great musicianship and a charismatic front man.
Saw them about 1978 at the Brighton Centre, it was loud but boring. Saw Thin Lizzy twice there soon after and they were light years ahead in terms of stage presence and the quality of the songs. Got To Give it Up live was incredible..I could not hear for two days afterwards.

You might like the latest away kit from Bohemians which is Thin Lizzy themed - https://www.shop-bohemianfc.com/collections/frontpage/products/adult-2024-away-jersey-regular-fit

B3A5008_1024x1024.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here