Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AC/DC or Coldplay?

AC/DC or Coldplay

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"why does he write that stuff on his hand? If he wants to write stuff down I'll give him a pen and some paper.... student knob-head" Liam Gallagher

I am partial to a bit of elegiac Coldplay balladry BUT I have to go with AC/DC here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Night Prowler

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope... Back in Black was one of the biggest albums of the seventies. Bands like Judas Priest and Def Leppard to name but two cite AC DC as a key influence.

I don't have a single Ac DC album in my collection but I can't ignore the reality can I?

Really should get Back in Black though.

I'm intrigued to know how they changed the face of rock when Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and to a lesser degree Hawkwind, and Led Zeppelin had already done what AC/DC do before they actually did it?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Back in Black was one of the biggest albums of the seventies.

Pedant alert: slight flaw in that claim in that it was released in late 1980.

Bands like Judas Priest and Def Leppard to name but two cite AC DC as a key influence.

And there are possibly the two best reasons in the world to hate them.

AC/DC's biggest influence on music was they made it "OK" to play power rock with a safe 4/4 dirge beat that 14-year-olds could strum their air guitars to.

I actually liked their earlier stuff when they used to vary the beat and notes around a bit, but they just got lazy (and consequently boring) from Back in Black on...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Pedant alert: slight flaw in that claim in that it was released in late 1980.

And there are possibly the two best reasons in the world to hate them.

AC/DC's biggest influence on music was they made it "OK" to play power rock with a safe 4/4 dirge beat that 14-year-olds could strum their air guitars to.

I actually liked their earlier stuff when they used to vary the beat and notes around a bit, but they just got lazy (and consequently boring) from Back in Black on...

Yes, I knew that was wrong but coulndt be bothered to change...early seventies early eighties then.

As to your second point... you're absolutely right.... as I said I don't have their albums although I should have Back in Black.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I saw a tribute band called Led/DC at The Portland recently

No cigars for guessing the two bands they paid tribute too

Very good female vocalist, with both catalogues being given a fair crack

Random thought over :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
exactly

AC/DC , in fact nigh on ANYTHING over Coldplay

Funnily enough I feel the same way about AC/DC and that twat who looks like one of the Krankies, has he no shame to dress like that at his age :lol::bigwave:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
No contest, firstly Coldplay are not rock, just miserable, whiny pop.

Secondly AC/DC have over more then 30 years proved that they are one of the biggest and best bands in the world.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
No contest is it? AC/DC

Coldplay never sung a song with the lyrics 'let me put my love into you babe'

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
AC/DC are complete, utter and total GARBAGE. How they've been able to recycle the same dross for the last, what, fifty years is beyond me, their fans must be wooden-eared, cretinous morons.

Mind you their fans are sophisticated music lovers and the band itself are innovative and brilliant when compared to Coldplay ...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
uuummm......riiiiiiiiiiight what a SHITE poll this is, AC/DC obviously...i'd even chose Travis over coldshite

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
uuummm......riiiiiiiiiiight what a SHITE poll this is, AC/DC obviously...i'd even chose Travis over coldshite

When you consider I pitched AC/DC against the most hated band in the history of NSC I'm not sure that AC/DC have really done that well :lol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
No contest is it? Who in the hell are Coldplay?

I introduced Paul (Tank) Clark to AC/DC via 'Whole Lotta Rosie' playing almost full volume, as it shook my Ford Capri outside The Goldstone after training one lunchtime. I knew that he was in to rock, and I had just bought the tape. We head-banged together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here