Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abu qatada

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It is a splendid beard no doubt. It puts me in mind of some rare occasions where I have been caught short in the midst of our beautiful countryside. I sneaked off behind a bush or shrub and laid a baby brown Rune to slowly dissipate into the soil. As I have tried to wipe his shadow, only handfuls of squalid moss or broken leaves have come to my aid. . . oh what I would have given to find that glorious beard at hand (Abu attached) to cleanse the Rune chasm of it's dirty collateral. What could have been?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Don't care if he's innocent or guilty, just want the scum bag out of this country 'NOW' as he came into this country on a false passport so that alone warrants deportation.

Admittedly Wikipedia is not the most reliable, but it says:
He returned to Jordan, but in September 1993 he fled with his wife and five children to the UK, using a forged UAE passport. He requested asylum on grounds of religious persecution, claiming he had been tortured in Jordan, and this was granted in June 1994.[14][15]

So we gave the "scumbag" political asylum - and that was under a conservative government in 1994.

I do not know enough about the case to be able to comment authoritatively one way or the other, and am not going to take other people's word for it either one way or the other.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't care if he's innocent or guilty, just want the scum bag out of this country 'NOW' as he came into this country on a false passport so that alone warrants deportation.

Not quite as the Conservative Government at the time fully aware of the fact at the time offered him asylum.

Now I'm willing to accept he's been up to all sort of naughty things, but what exactly ?

On the subject of the Human Rights Act, it's a red herring. Even if we pulled out a British Court would struggle to deport him if they thought he wasn't going to get a fair trial.

Why not put him on trial here and bang him him up if guilty ? If he is that dangerous and hell bent on destroying this country I'd feel safer he was in prison here.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not quite as the Conservative Government at the time fully aware of the fact at the time offered him asylum.

Now I'm willing to accept he's been up to all sort of naughty things, but what exactly ?

On the subject of the Human Rights Act, it's a red herring. Even if we pulled out a British Court would struggle to deport him if they thought he wasn't going to get a fair trial.

Why not put him on trial here and bang him him up if guilty ? If he is that dangerous and hell bent on destroying this country I'd feel safer he was in prison here.

Makes sense to me. The UK has a justice system, If he has done something wrong then arrest him, try him in the courts and punish him.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

Reasoned argument and facts have no place on NSC. Who do you think you are? What's wrong with hyperbole, inference and repeating unsourced stuff you read in the papers?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reasoned argument and facts have no place on NSC. Who do you think you are? What's wrong with hyperbole, inference and repeating unsourced stuff you read in the papers?

I have reported his post (as I am sure you have too) and will suggest that he both joins the Groovy Gang and pisses off to some other forum where people use their brains to work stuff out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here