Auch
well that's free practice 2 out of the way

the good news is both Red Bull & Ferrari aren't that far behind

for the moment

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Mercedes Benz's biggest goal at the beginning of each season is to win the Constructors' Championship. To do so, they obviously need both cars to finish as high as possible at every race. The idea of them opting for a strategy of wilful sabotage to wreck Hamilton's engines just to 'let a German win' is frankly complete poppycock.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Alonso is off to Porsche to replace the retiring Mark Webber in the FIA WEC (Le Mans series)

looking forward to Mark Webber's interview tomorrow on channel 4 at 11.25 I think

always liked Webber, says it how it is

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mercedes Benz's biggest goal at the beginning of each season is to win the Constructors' Championship. To do so, they obviously need both cars to finish as high as possible at every race. The idea of them opting for a strategy of wilful sabotage to wreck Hamilton's engines just to 'let a German win' is frankly complete poppycock.

Of course it is, but is an excellent conspiracy theory.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
looking forward to Mark Webber's interview tomorrow on channel 4 at 11.25 I think

always liked Webber, says it how it is

Typical Austrian shoot from the hip attitude, in today's era of Motorsport where it's rich kids spending daddies money, it's refreshing for someone to tell it how it is. He's been missed in F1, FIA WEC has a couple characters left, Alonso will be a welcomed to the pack.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Of course it is, but is an excellent conspiracy theory.

Indeed.

I prefer the well-known ones about the moon landings and JFK's assassination.

I also like the lesser-known theory about the Titanic, which suggests that it was her sister ship that sank in a bungled attempt to claim on the insurance.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Alonso is off to Porsche

I think Alonso will be on the grid next season

with all the changes in regulations McLaren might just come out of it back at the sharp end

if not,he'll be off,probably only has 2 or 3 good seasons left in him

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hamilton's display at the rain soaked grand prix last time out showed he was in a class apart with Max, absolutely zero errors from Hamilton while everyone else had incidents.

you can tell a good driver in the rain and Hamilton always excels in those conditions when it is much more a level playing field.
This. It's like when Schumi was in his pomp. Looked like he was on a different track to everyone else.

The intercom interchanges were telling too with Hamilton saying that it really wasn't that bad and everyone else moaning that the race should be stopped. He's class (but a bit of a dick).

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
final free practice is underway live on C4 now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here