Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Absolute poverty

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Umunna is deeply opposed to Corbyn's Left-wing politics.

Not sure that is true anymore. I think he has been far more accepting since the GE that there is a mandate for where the Labour Party has been heading, and has offered himself up for a position if one should come up. Certainly not deeply opposed as he once was.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure that is true anymore. I think he has been far more accepting since the GE that there is a mandate for where the Labour Party has been heading, and has offered himself up for a position if one should come up. Certainly not deeply opposed as he once was.

You are probably right. He was jumping on the anti-JB bandwagon.

I'm pretty sure he was to the right of the Labour party though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Center right Blairite who would use any political party to further his career. This article should give an insight into what he's really about. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...ing-people-trash-on-elite-social-network.html

A telegraph article whose source is the Daily Mail from 2013. There is nothing to that article other than a single post he possibly made under alias uncovered by the Daily Mail. I mean really? His business affairs, wealth etc. are quite common knowledge without this kind of smear journalism.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The best bit on Question Time last night was Prisons Minister Sam Gyimah responding to a question about how Theresa May how handled Donald Trump's latest tweets.

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies," he replied. "But it takes even more courage to stand up to your friends."

What he didn't say was that he was quoting Professor Dumbledore awarding Neville Longbottom 10 House Points at the end of 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.' :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with that its a philosopy book he is quoting...

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
A telegraph article whose source is the Daily Mail from 2013. There is nothing to that article other than a single post he possibly made under alias uncovered by the Daily Mail. I mean really? His business affairs, wealth etc. are quite common knowledge without this kind of smear journalism.

This one better for you? http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rk-saying-londons-nightclubs-are-8561809.html
He even apologized for it...

My point was he comes across as a weasel with a very questionable moral compass. On the one hand he labels people trash on a site for millionaires and on the other he acts like he cares about poverty.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It means you’re not officially supposed to be here and have only 1 games console if you listen to the far right or live under a railway and get coal for Christmas if you’re far left. I suppose the truth is somewhere in between, but one thing’s for sure, being poor here is a lot better than being poor in most of the world whatever our definition of it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here