Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abortion Law

Should the maximum termination stage be reduced?

• Yes

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • I still can't form my own opinion, even on something important

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
A number of women use abortion as birth control. In the paper yesterday it was revealed how many women have had EIGHT abortions.

I'm not saying there should be a limit on the amount of abortions someone has but 8 is rather extreme.

I think the statistics suggested around 50 women had had over 4 and the most anyone had was eight. That is not an everyday occurance.

Its interesting that we are debating the abortion limit being lowered while people are saying that it is wrong to give free contraception to 13 year olds. If girls and boys of that age are sexually active then something has got to give.......we need to make contraception more available because kids will only continue to be sexually active.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A number of women use abortion as birth control. In the paper yesterday it was revealed how many women have had EIGHT abortions.

I'm not saying there should be a limit on the amount of abortions someone has but 8 is rather extreme.

Should be a three strikes and you're out rule. When they book in for the third one, the doc should make a couple of extra little snips while he's in there - save himself the bother of going through it all again a load more times.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Pray tell what experience you have of adoption? I think if you speak to anyone who has given up a child for adoption they will tell you that they agonised over it in much the same way someone who chose an abortion did.

There is also the blatant disregard for the fact that there are not enough people wanting or who are able to adopt currently so if every unwated child was put up for adoption then there would be a hell of a lot of kids in the care of already stretched social services!

Well obviously I do not know about the adoption situation in this country but I'm sure the Government could do something about it if they seriously wanted to, in the way of funding. Rather the taxes I pay went on that rather than paying for the living expenses of the chavs on the doll who contribute only bad things to society.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Well obviously I do not know about the adoption situation in this country but I'm sure the Government could do something about it if they seriously wanted to, in the way of funding. Rather the taxes I pay went on that rather than paying for the living expenses of the chavs on the doll who contribute only bad things to society.

The government could do a lot of things if it wanted to-only issue is that they cannot do them all in a full way with the funding they have.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Well they could do a hell of a lot to better this country with the extra funds if they made all the chavs and scumbags on the doll go out and get a job instead of giving them a free ride. This would better the situation on drugs since the majority these people are either dealers or drug users.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Well they could do a hell of a lot to better this country with the extra funds if they made all the chavs and scumbags on the doll go out and get a job instead of giving them a free ride. This would better the situation on drugs since the majority these people are either dealers or drug users.

There was an interesting article on the BBC the other day.......the long and short of it was that if they get all the people who are on the sick and dole back into work there wouldnt be enough jobs. That is a huge problem!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
There was an interesting article on the BBC the other day.......the long and short of it was that if they get all the people who are on the sick and dole back into work there wouldnt be enough jobs. That is a huge problem!

Course there'd be enough jobs! Rest assured if nothing else we'd have the cleanest streets, parks and public toilets in the world! :thumbsup:

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
Sorry but it could affect you personally. It still currently takes a male and female to create a baby and in normal circumstances you should have a say in its life or death.

It also affects your rights as a father generally. FFS men don't need their rights as fathers watered down any more than they already are.

They want abortion to be easy and a womans right NOT to give rights to women but rather to REMOVE rights from men. The long term plan is to deny fathers a right to family life.

Very soon they will try and make it so that a fathers name does not have to be on the birth certificate.

Remember this - you may find it useful later on in life.

Whoever gets the Child Benefit is the carer of the children and get ALL the benefits that go with that. If you have more than one child they can split the benefit but not equally.

Consequently you can equally or less look after your kids, pay for your kids, house your kids and feed your kids but in the eyes of the law you are a secondary parent to the one that gets the Child benefit.

Family Law in this country is a joke.

I concur. It looks like it's only going to get worse too, we'll find out later today.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thats a potentially very offensive very generalised comment to make! I think you should have clarified why you feel that way when you made the post.

I think/hope he was being sarcastic.

I was not aiming that comment at all cases.

I read an interesting article in the Independent focusing on abortions. There are many many people out there that treat the abortion as a form of contraception. An not jsut isloated cases, there are women that have had numerous abortions simply because she (and her partner(s)) do not take the necessary precuations.

Not only does this put a huge strain on our services - I think Brighton & Hove have been forced to outsource abortions privately - it is morally wrong.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm a great believer in compromise, why can't they give all the MP's a choice of 20, 21, 22, 23 or 24? Winner takes it. If this bill is defeated it will be back again with a revised number using up even more time.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I used to be pro-abortion, but now I'm a dad, I'm not so sure. It's a really tricky subject, as we all know. But personal experiences do change your opinions and perception.

Mrs ELS and I went for a scan when she was only seven weeks pregnant, because we feared she was going to lose it. But the scan showed this tiny - and I mean TINY - little foetus, about the size of a grain of rice, inside her, and it had a beating heart. We could clearly see this throbbing, tiny heart beating strongly, reassuring us that little Jamie was alive.

At 12 weeks, we returned for another scan and the foetus was a little bigger, broadbean-sized, I think. It was lying on its back, with its legs crossed, and it kind of manoeuvred itself onto it's knees, rolled over onto its belly, kicked its legs, and then rolled back onto its back again. It even appeared to wave an arm.

At 12 weeks, the little foetus was very much alive and kicking - and that really made me think, shit, should abortion be allowed at all? Let alone at 24 weeks or whatever.

That tiny 'grain of rice' became a 'broadbean' and now it's grown into a perfect little boy (I'm biased, obviously), who'll hopefully become an Albion fan.

It's a tricky subject, that's for sure.

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

I read an interesting article in the Independent focusing on abortions. There are many many people out there that treat the abortion as a form of contraception. An not jsut isloated cases, there are women that have had numerous abortions simply because she (and her partner(s)) do not take the necessary precuations.

Not only does this put a huge strain on our services - I think Brighton & Hove have been forced to outsource abortions privately - it is morally wrong.

I take your point and I do know of some cases of someone being that irresponsible to see abortion as just that, which I'd agree is a total disgrace and I can't personally understand how someone could be that lax with life.

That said I don't think we should use those morons as a reason to limit the option for the women who actually have really considered their options, as pavillionaire states.

As well as that, I'd hate the UK ever to get into the culture in the US, with witch hunts conducted against doctors performing abortions.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

I fundamentally disagree! I dont think many many people are treating it as a form of contraception. 2006 statistics show 197k abortions across say 20 million women works out at just under 1%. I think that suggests that otherwise.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I fundamentally disagree! I dont think many many people are treating it as a form of contraception. 2006 statistics show 197k abortions across say 20 million women works out at just under 1%. I think that suggests that otherwise.

Ok and now give us the figures for the 16-24 age bracket and i'd suggest that the percentage would be CONSIDERABLY higher! Just as a matter of intrest Mr Soze, what do you do as you usually have some pretty knowledgable/well researched opinions on Social subjects like this?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I take your point and I do know of some cases of someone being that irresponsible to see abortion as just that, which I'd agree is a total disgrace and I can't personally understand how someone could be that lax with life.

That said I don't think we should use those morons as a reason to limit the option for the women who actually have really considered their options, as pavillionaire states.

As well as that, I'd hate the UK ever to get into the culture in the US, with witch hunts conducted against doctors performing abortions.

I do agree with what you are saying, but it is extremely frustrating when various parts of the NHS are severely underfunded.

BBC NEWS | Health | Abortion rate continues to rise

ABORTION RATES PER 1,000 WOMEN AGED 15 TO 44
1969 - 5.3
1979 - 12
1989 - 15.5
1999 - 16.2
2003 - 16.6
2004 - 16.9

Increases despite a huge drive to educate and contraception being readily available to all.

Worth noting that we have the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and there are figures suggesting that abortion rates for pregnant 15 - 17 year olds is 50%. Are you telling me this is not being used as a form of contraception?

2006 - More than 1,000 girls under 15 had an abortion, an increase of 4.7 per cent in a year

Early terminations push abortion rate to record level - Telegraph

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Ok and now give us the figures for the 16-24 age bracket and i'd suggest that the percentage would be CONSIDERABLY higher! Just as a matter of intrest Mr Soze, what do you do as you usually have some pretty knowledgable/well researched opinions on Social subjects like this?

I do agree with what you are saying, but it is extremely frustrating when various parts of the NHS are severely underfunded.

BBC NEWS | Health | Abortion rate continues to rise

ABORTION RATES PER 1,000 WOMEN AGED 15 TO 44
1969 - 5.3
1979 - 12
1989 - 15.5
1999 - 16.2
2003 - 16.6
2004 - 16.9

Increases despite a huge drive to educate and contraception being readily available to all.

Worth noting that we have the highest teen pregnancy rate in Europe and there are figures suggesting that abortion rates for pregnant 15 - 17 year olds is 50%. Are you telling me this is not being used as a form of contraception?

2006 - More than 1,000 girls under 15 had an abortion, an increase of 4.7 per cent in a year

Early terminations push abortion rate to record level - Telegraph

Skint Gull-I actually work in IT sales but have previously worked in the Met Police and done various other jobs. I just prefer to argue my points with some fact to back them up.

BoF- Im not suggesting that some people DONT use abortion as a contraceptive but I think that that argument is being grossly exaggerated. Interesting to see that abortion rates have risen by just 1.5 per 1000 in the last 19 years! I dont think that is a massive rise.

We do have a problem with education and contraception availibilty to ALL in the UK. Despite efforts to change this a lot of teenagers are just not given enough information and access to help and advice.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

[/url]

Of course, but therein lies the problem.

There are so many worthy causes and so little money, so it is little wonder people get frustrated at such ruses as postcode lotteries.

A lot of work needs to be done on improving awareness of contraceptives and sex issues among the youth.God knows how because they've been trying that for years but anyone who wants to go back to old fashioned values? That doesn't work either, look at the US..

While I think it is wrong to limit the time on abortions it isn't because I believe it is the right option for certain people. These people SHOULDNT be getting pregnant in the first place.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

I also have some personal experience of both abortion and adoption which I have touched on slightly in this thread.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Why does that not surprise me :lolol:

f*** Me, You're Thick. Substituting My Name For Nipple's In My Gag And You Think That's A Gas? I Bet Your Best Retort Is "I Know What You Are. Now What Am I?".

Scraping the bottom of the barrell a bit today aren't you Barse? Firstthe old favourite, a cleaning joke, then the retard stuff and now you are actually calling me a pickled onion.

Perhaps if you actually had a life you could have some new shit happen to you and you would have something else to talk about rather than follow me around spouting the same old crap, same tired old jokes. Perhaps if you could get a man to f*** you you would lighten up and stop focussing on the perceived shortcomings of others. Your obvious jealousy of me choosing to make a go of my life, how I choose, is consuming you.

You get too wrapped up in your idea of how things should be, as we all do from time to time but you let the morality and the common story of the many, determine how you live your life. Some people let others make their minds up for them. They let others choose their lifestyles for them from the jobs they hate to the marriages they want to leave. And you can have it all as far as I'm concerned. You can have my helping too. I'd rather do what I want and fail miserably than go your way and succeed.

Now get some new jokes. You are boring me.

Oh Come On, Nibble. If You're Going To Flounce Do It Properly. You Remember? Like Last Time I Made You Look A Fool.

And Let's Be Clear. Scraping The Bottom Of The Barrel IS Recycling The "I Shagged Your Mum" Line. And The Gay Gags As Well I See. In Retaliation I've Raised The Bar With A Pickled Onion-Human Hybrid Joke. Don't Think I've Used That One Before So It Can't Be Old.

A Bit Rich You Telling Me That All The Intricacies Of Your Life Are Consuming Me. It Seems That Actually You Seem Obsessed With Telling People On This Board Every Part Of Your Sad Sorry Existence.The Relationship Failures, The Job Failures, The Housing Failures. Can You See A Link? If You Choose To Make It Public Knowledge Then Learn To DealWith The Consequences.

Anyway. Here's A New Joke. How Many Nibble's Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

3. 1 To Tell Someone In Maintenance, 1 to Ask The Bloke In Maintenance If There's Any Chance Of Promotion To Maintenance And Another To Go On The Web And Tell Everyone On NSC All About It.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Bear in mind that a non-ignorable percentage of the women who get abortions in England every year are from Ireland - north and south - as its illegal both sides of the border except in hugely limited circumstances. Makes the English statistics look higher than they perhaps should!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here