Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi Dead

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
It's my opinion that the Lockerbie bombing was instigated by Colonel Gadaffi at the request of the Iranian regime at the time. Both loathed the United States and the Iranians had just had one of their own passenger jets ( an Airbus ) shot down by an American missile in the arabian gulf.

I am also of the opinion that the persons in the previous Libyan regime who organised this plot are probably now dead, having been Gadaffi supporters they would probably have fought to the death against the Libyan revolutionaries.

We will probably never be able to know for sure to what extent al-Megrahi was involved, but he was certainly guilty of failing in his duty of care to safeguard airline passengers, and for that alone his reputation deserves to lie in tatters.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sadly, whilst I understand his perspective and his motivations, for exactly those reasons I greatly question his judgement

I think ChickenRunner61 has a worthwhile perspective

Chickebrunner61 says 'in case' he did it. That's not really a solid conviction that he is guilty. As for your previous comments about being convinced, you have yet to point out which evidence you are aware makes you believe it was a safe conviction?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here