[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ha ha - indeed.

If you compare the squad to last season, we are DEFINITELY stronger. The only first team regular to leave was Ben White. We have bought a couple of very talented individuals in Cucurella and Mwepu, and strengthened the back-up keeper options (Scherpen). March is back. Lamptey is close to full fitness. The likes of Moder and Mac Alister have more experience and are making an impression. There are a few exciting youngsters on the fringes (Caicedo, Richards, Roberts).

Plus, the club is investing heavily in the future by using loan-outs to give decent prospects the chance to gain experience at a reasonably high level (Championship or Bundesliga)....just like we did with Ben White.

If anyone expected us to spend £35m on a striker, they haven't been paying attention!!

The discussion is over our attacking options and in this respect our first team squad is not stronger than last season, however much club spin (or otherwise) you may like to put on things.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The discussion is over our attacking options and in this respect our first team squad is not stronger than last season, however much club spin (or otherwise) you may like to put on things.

It is of the same players are better.

Maupay had 8 last year.

2 already.

The manager might be revolutionary and use training to let the players practice.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice that we are helping to get Stoke promoted back to the Prem with the loan of a very exciting centre back and a £7m striker, hope it works out well for them, as long as it's not our place in the Prem they are taking at the end of the season.

Sticks fingers in ears and hums

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It is of the same players are better.

Maupay had 8 last year.

2 already.

The manager might be revolutionary and use training to let the players practice.....

Aah. I see. I'm now completely reassured and will sleep much easier in my bed tonight. Thank you. :)

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
well its not quite as bad when we got rid of Barnes and El-Abd in one January transfer window and announced squad was stronger

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you imagine if he fires Stoke to promotion while we get relegated?!

Yes but think of it this way…he fires them to promotion…we sell him as Stoke get their £130 million to get into the Prem. we get £20 million for him.

Winners all round …Stoke get promotion and we make money on a young player that was never ours …not that far off what happened with White! ( apart from him playing most of last year and none of us saw more than a couple of his games live)

There are lots of people on here who seem to be happy that we are becoming a buy….loan…sell club. I don’t think we will see Zequiri again and probably Ostergard (sp) also.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most fans think they know better to be fair. It's the name of the game. And if you're happy with how things have gone to date in this transfer window, you're undoubtedly in a minority. I stand by my view that it is complete idiocy to loan out a £7M player to a Championship club who has scored goals in the Europa League, when we are so desperately short of firepower ourselves

My view is simply that the club know more about that player and what best serves their interests than what we do.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Similar to Rob Sanchez, Ben White, Dan Burn, Steven Alzate, Taylor Richards, Jakub Moder and others who went on loan before playing with the first team...

I normally agree with you but it was obvious last season we needed competition for Trossard and Maupay.We have neither,they can rest on their laurels!

We have however spent money on two players,straight out on loan,who we may never see in the stripes.Not going to keep us up is it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do worry that the Zeqiri loan, whilst probably the exact right thing for the player (and I think he may be VERY good at this level) may not be the best move the Albion have made this window.

But, I do believe TB, Barber and Potter may be better qualified and experienced than me, so for that reason alone, I will reserve judgment until February/March :wink:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm intrigued by how a move like this comes about. Presumably Stoke weren't sniffing around Sima themselves as a Championship club, although I've no idea of their budget to be fair.

So did we decide to buy him and send him on a Championship loan, then make a completely unsolicited call to Stoke saying "We're thinking of buying a £7 million striker, would you like him for a season?".

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Crack open.jpg

Yes, Kent. Yes, I would.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes but think of it this way…he fires them to promotion…we sell him as Stoke get their £130 million to get into the Prem. we get £20 million for him.

Winners all round …Stoke get promotion and we make money on a young player that was never ours …not that far off what happened with White! ( apart from him playing most of last year and none of us saw more than a couple of his games live)

There are lots of people on here who seem to be happy that we are becoming a buy….loan…sell club. I don’t think we will see Zequiri again and probably Ostergard (sp) also.

On the other hand we take back their two best players, and that’s one relegation spot we don’t have to worry about.

Quite a cunning plan….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports