[Albion] Abdallah Sima

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This guy seems pretty reliable (in twitter terms)

https://twitter.com/czechfooty/status/1432058277278388225?s=19

Coach Trpišovský confirms Abdallah Sima was kept out of this game on request of Brighton to not play him and risk injury. So for all the #BHAFC fans in my mentions discussing the source: yes, it's genuine. Doesn't mean it's happening (not finalized yet by any means), but...

Hmmm, if we have requested him to be left out of their first team, would not that then imply he’s a target for our first team and not the U23’s surely !!

He’s quick, direct , strong and not too expensive, well worth a punt.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't understand some of our fans! They've been calling for a striker signing for 3 months, letting everyone know how annoyed they'll be if we don't have one by the end of the window.

Now it looks as if we've pulled a rabbit from the hat, and are about to sign a Senegalese wonderkid who was recently linked to the prem for 25 million. Yet, those same people calling for a striker are now slagging this guy off, calling him a waste of money or just another u23 flop!
Plus he looks far better than Nunez, who everyone wants us to sign.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Or he gets loaned out elsewhere in order to get a work permit in 12 months. Not done the math but should be rough though their EL run might help him getting the necessary points.

I think - because of the Europa League participation , and that Slavia Prague won the league in 20/21 - he already has enough points even though the Czech league is “band 4”

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks a bit of a risk, but at around £7m would surely be worth taking.
Only 20 and has burst onto the scene recently, scoring in Europa league games including a nice one versus Leicester.
6 foot 2 inches and looks like he has a good leap on him. A few of his goals have been headers.
Can play as CF or attacking right sided. Versatility that Potter likes.
Looks pacy.
A goal every two games although at a level lower than the Premier League.
Rumours that West Ham were in for him a while back at a fee higher than £7m.
We have Welbeck in this season as our CF so no immediate pressure to make an impact and could be given time off the bench.
If he develops in the right direction we could have a very good value forward who has speed, strength and ability in the air. He is also good at pressing which is an important part of the modern game. Not sure that I saw that with Nunez.
Plus it leaves some budget left which we can use to get Cucurella over the line and possibly add another.

Last edited:

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am not saying anything about the player I know nothing about but this has to be the worst "highlight" video I have ever seen. Apart from the goal and a shot outside the box there is absolutely nothing to see. Wasted 2 minutes.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I am not saying anything about the player I know nothing about but this has to be the worst "highlight" video I have ever seen. Apart from the goal and a shot outside the box there is absolutely nothing to see. Wasted 2 minutes.

Yeh, lovely strike for the goal. But not seeing "immediate first team and an obvious improvement on what we have" when watching that.

More likely, will be competing with Zeqiri for an occasional cameo. Not sure we need another one for the future in this position. We can't give game time to the prospects we've got

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Hmmm. Well, errr, I am still hoping for Darwin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would much prefer Darwin on paper, but that ship has surely now sailed.

Darwin 40 million euros, Sima 10 million euros.

Plus Fabrizio Romano on twitter says a lot of clubs are showing an interest in taking Carlos Vinicius from Benfica, and they have been open in saying for a while he was the one they wanted to sell/bin.

Plus they're now in the CL group stages with the £20-30 mill that provides.

He started yesterday....... it's over.

Two summers I've been desperate we would get him, and it went nowhere.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

You didn't watch Locadias then.

He looked crap before he came and proved it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s taken from one game against a top Premier League team. What were you expecting?

Try this one:

https://youtu.be/3XTU7kj8tyM

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Would much prefer Darwin on paper, but that ship has surely now sailed.

Darwin 40 million euros, Sima 10 million euros.

Plus Fabrizio Romano on twitter says a lot of clubs are showing an interest in taking Carlos Vinicius from Benfica, and they have been open in saying for a while he was the one they wanted to sell/bin.

Plus they're now in the CL group stages with the £20-30 mill that provides.

He started yesterday....... it's over.

Two summers I've been desperate we would get him, and it went nowhere.
Both please wouldn't that surprise a few.

It makes a change for me to spend someone else's money rather than my family spending all mine [emoji389].

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Darwin aint coming..... if we get Sima it may mean we have money for a faster Gross in the centre..... e.g. Lingard? If we get a faster AMC, Sima and Cucu I will be well chuffed!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Looks a rough diamond. Decent mobility. Only 20. 16 goals in 33 games last season. Put a bit of muscle on and could be the powerhouse target man we want. Sounds like good reasons for us to be interested, but also looks like a player that needs developing before he's ready for the Prem. Happy to be proved wrong on that point as was hoping for someone who'd make an instant impact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports