Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abba: Re-union or not, that is the question

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Years ago in Switzerland I met a Swedish woman who went to the same church in Stockholm as Annefrid, she had a very unhappy childhood, her Dad was a German occupying soldier in Norway. Her Mum had to cross into Sweden after the War.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
I was honoured to be engaged to be married to a beautiful Swedish lady a few years ago, and spent a lovely Christmas in Stockholm.
Started learning the lingo, but alas it didn't work out.
Looking at recent photos, time has treated her considerably more benevolently than it has me.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Better than Jo Brands I should imagine.

Oh don't lean on me man, 'cause you can't afford the ticket
Jo's butt's in Cellulite City
Oh don't lean on me man
'Cause you ain't got time to check it
Jo's butt overshadows Selhurst City
Is outta sight she's all right

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never been a fan, but I will say that their song 'The Day Before You Came' is lyrically great and the radio always goes up on the rare occasions that it comes on.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Waterloo! I always thought they were dreadful, dreaded their song being the last you heard getting out of the car as it bloody stuck with you all day no matter HOW YOU TRIED TO GET IT OUT OF YOUR HEAD!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was honoured to be engaged to be married to a beautiful Swedish lady a few years ago, and spent a lovely Christmas in Stockholm.
Started learning the lingo, but alas it didn't work out.
Looking at recent photos, time has treated her considerably more benevolently than it has me.

That reads very stalkery.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Back in the early 90's I spent a lot of time on the Greek Islands, I was lucky enough to meet a group of friends both boys and girls from Stockholm.
For a few years I visited them twice a year in the winter and the summer.
The city was stuffed with the most beautiful women, not only that but they were very friendly, intelligent and spoke perfect English.
I was also introduced to the Swedish way of life and customs, which I loved.
And it's true, they really do have a different view when it came to sex and nudity they are very open about it but not in a slutty way
Shame, it was so promising up until then.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not. It's going to be a virtual reality type thing.

That will be even better as Agnetha has lost a lot of her confidence and her voice a bit. See recent reunion in Stockholm below earlier this year. Frida's voice still seems good though but Agnetha is the one everyone wants to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5nYTGQfnnQ

So use of technology will help make it a real nostalgic show as opposed to a group of oldies looking to make a few bucks. They don't need the money. They make more in Royalties than any Artists in the world currently. Their songs are currently still played on radio and the Mama Mia thing took them to the stratosphere status in earnings

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I saw that TV show a couple of years back when blondie did a song with Gary Barlow. Absolutely right her voice had changed. I wondered if she was a 20 fags a day woman. She still looked good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here