Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abandoned bicycles all over Brighton

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I noticed it again today. All along Western Road, London Road and everywhere else in Brighton are abandoned bikes padlocked to railings and cycle stands. Most with flat tyres, or no tyres or wheels at all. Does the council ever clear them away? Makes our town look a right mess.

perhaps they should start with the wasteful litteres that left them there in the first place, make them clear their own mess up. Wouldn't happen if bikes all had to be registered, then the council could not only clean up the mess, but also charge/fine the culprits.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Credit where credit is due. I emailed the Council and received the following reply:

Thank you for your email regarding the abandoned bikes at Western Road and London Road. We are aware that there are a number of bikes that need to be collected and we are currently in the process of removing these as soon as we can. We normally issue a notice on the bike giving the owner 14 days to remove the bike or we removing it for them.

However due to the amount that have been left across Brighton & Hove, this process has been delayed. If you have details of some specific bike that you would like us to look into, please email us the details with a photo and I can make sure that it’s been reported.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In my daughters apartment block there is a large cycle shed. It is full of bikes gathering dust. Bikes seem a good idea at the time.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Credit where credit is due. I emailed the Council and received the following reply:

Thank you for your email regarding the abandoned bikes at Western Road and London Road. We are aware that there are a number of bikes that need to be collected and we are currently in the process of removing these as soon as we can. We normally issue a notice on the bike giving the owner 14 days to remove the bike or we removing it for them.

However due to the amount that have been left across Brighton & Hove, this process has been delayed. If you have details of some specific bike that you would like us to look into, please email us the details with a photo and I can make sure that it’s been reported.

I think you need a hobby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here