Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Innit - people complain about untried / tested players from other countries. While I am not massively excited by Mooy - the fact he is in the country and has 2 year PL experience is a good thing. Who else would people rather see?

I have ambition and the club should do.

Therefore, we should be unsettling Pogba and putting in a cheek £75m bid to be paid over a 10 year period. That's the kind of ambitious signing we should be making.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm not talking age. I'm talking impact. He didn't seem to be held the player for Huddersfield last season he had been previously.

Looks like a perfect Potter project, form is temporary.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have ambition and the club should do.

Therefore, we should be unsettling Pogba and putting in a cheek £75m bid to be paid over a 10 year period. That's the kind of ambitious signing we should be making.

except, we wouldnt want Pogba.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hudeersfield have lost their minds. One year loan on a player with one year left on his contract? I suppose it must free up some serious wages but still they don't really get much out of that as a transfer do they?

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
We have 1 spare place in the squad as of now ( unless Hemed or Ahannach get it).

However, 5 central midfielders somewhat blocks Alzate, and Băluţă etc. so I hope 1 of our central men ( likely Kayal ) moves on.

But aren't both Alzate and Baluta young enough that they don't have to be included in the 25 named players?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Now someone must have relatives who are Huddersfield Season Ticket holders ?

Presumably they think he is shitehouse ? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Far more likely to be Kayal IMO - Propper played both of the last two friendlies when Gpott played what I guess he thought must have been his first choice starting lineup at the time. Kayal didn't get much game time at all.

when everyone called for a change to midfield back end of the season, Kayal come in, and did not really change much. dont think he's up to the level i'm afraid. Mooy would be a definite upgrade.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But aren't both Alzate and Baluta young enough that they don't have to be included in the 25 named players?
Yes ! But they'd still be blocked from the 1st team if we had 5 Central Midfielders in the queue in front of them.

And if they are nearer the front of the queue themselves then no need to fund all 5 others...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not over excited at signing Mooy but he did have 1 good season in the Championship and 1 in The Premier for Huddersfield so give him the benefit of the doubt about last season and possibly injured, so a loan seems a sensible move. I cannot see that he will replace Stephens or Propper in the side but improves our squad in the absence of injured players.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What, at defensive midfielder? The stats don't back that up I'm afraid.

We need someone decent on the ball centrally... he is a long way ahead of all our options on that front.
Every time I have seen him play us he bloody runs the game, so annoying.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I am not over excited at signing Mooy but he did have 1 good season in the Championship and 1 in The Premier for Huddersfield so give him the benefit of the doubt about last season and possibly injured, so a loan seems a sensible move. I cannot see that he will replace Stephens or Propper in the side but improves our squad in the absence of injured players.

:dunce: oh BG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here