Aaron Mcclean

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep, 1 goal a season Hoskins is worth keeping. Goals were our biggest problem last season, we needed to freshen up the frontline but instead we have kept it the same.

Not so sure it's to do with the personnel as it is the amount of chances provided. Only 4 teams scored more than us last season. We all know we were very very defensive last season.

N.B I understand what you're getting at with Hoskins though.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yep, 1 goal a season Hoskins is worth keeping. Goals were our biggest problem last season, we needed to freshen up the frontline but instead we have kept it the same.

We freshened it up in January by getting Ulloa. Without spending £millions it will be difficult to improve on Ulloa, CMS, Barnes and Hoskins, play to their strengths and there's more than enough goals between those 4 to get us promoted.

I'd rather spend those £millions in other areas of the pitch.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We freshened it up in January by getting Ulloa. Without spending £millions it will be difficult to improve on Ulloa, CMS, Barnes and Hoskins, play to their strengths and there's more than enough goals between those 4 to get us promoted.

Like plugging the defence or getting a quality box to box midfielder.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not so sure it's to do with the personnel as it is the amount of chances provided. Only 4 teams scored more than us last season. We all know we were very very defensive last season.

N.B I understand what you're getting at with Hoskins though.

We were indeed, but even so, we don't need Hoskins. He should have been released and replaced with one of the many freebies who have come available. Aaron McLean vs Will Hoskins is a no contest bout. I'm not saying we'd definitely have been able to get him, but I would have rathered we didn't retain Hoskins and close off any possibility of signing someone else.

I'm not suggesting we go and splash out on another striker. Realistically, Barnes, Ulloa and CMS would be enough with George Barker in the Development squad, along with Agdestein... they're here so they should be included or sold if they're not good enough. I just don't think Hoskins is needed, especially if we play 4-3-3 as we all expect.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We were indeed, but even so, we don't need Hoskins. He should have been released and replaced with one of the many freebies who have come available. Aaron McLean vs Will Hoskins is a no contest bout. I'm not saying we'd definitely have been able to get him, but I would have rathered we didn't retain Hoskins and close off any possibility of signing someone else

I'm not suggesting we go and splash out on another striker. Realistically, Barnes, Ulloa and CMS would be enough with George Barker in the Development squad, along with Agdestein... they're here so they should be included or sold if they're not good enough. I just don't think Hoskins is needed, especially if we play 4-3-3 as we all expect.

I'm anticipating only 1 striker being flanked by wingers, Ulloa with Buckley and Kaz either side for example. I believe Barnes and CMS could play either the striker or wide role very well, preferably Barnes in the middle and CMS out wide.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
On his own I don't rate AM at all. However, when playing with CMS they were very good at posh.
Not at the top of any list we should have if I'm honest.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Happy with what we've got up front to be honest.

Agreed. Ulloa, Macca (when fit) Barnes and Hoskins will do me. It's in the middle of the park and at the back we need to be looking to strengthen imo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm anticipating only 1 striker being flanked by wingers, Ulloa with Buckley and Kaz either side for example. I believe Barnes and CMS could play either the striker or wide role very well, preferably Barnes in the middle and CMS out wide.

I think we're all expecting the same thing. Personally, I think Barnes and Hoskins could probably play the wider supporting roles but I wouldn't want CMS playing. We've blatantly wasted and ignored his talent for long enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports