Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly's goal-scoring record

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In the lead up to Connolly’s second, as if to make it even better, my mate Paul said “he’s bloody exciting this young lad” and 1 second later the ball is in the bottom corner a finish sublime, fantastic, clinical, confident, too many superlatives.

For his first start at home in the PL, that was a stunning performance. Blimey.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Early days, temper expectations etc etc, but I wonder what odds would be available on Connolly surpassing Robbie Keane's 68 goals for the Republic of Ireland

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent that VAR caught Dier's sly elbow on Connolly that resulted in a yellow card, albeit about five minutes after the event when the **** thought he'd got away with it :lol:

Don't think VAR can be used for yellows - reds only, I believe (so can't award a deserved red if the ref. has already awarded a yellow).

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I heard a stat about being the first Irishman since Robbie Keane...,. Can’t remember it though? Anyone?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Seems that he has just spectacularly leapfrogged those mentioned.

If he is given minutes over the next two full Rep Of Ire internationals, you can assume that his career with their U21s is over.

I’ll have money on the lad to score.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not sure I agree with the comparisons people are making to Rooney in respect of his playing style.

While he's certainly not lightweight, the way he plays seems to be more like Tevez, constantly running at defences with decent pace.

Do you not remember Rooney in his younger days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here