Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
The kid won the lottery with that contract after the Spurs game. He’s probably league 1 level at best and am pretty confident will play non league by 30 years old. If he can be bothered to last that long.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty sad that he's either throwing his career away or just was never that good in the first place.

Maybe one more loan then he'll leave on a free in 2024.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
‘Adaption issues’. Seems surprising, Aaron Connolly and Venice seemed like the perfect match. I really thought he’d knuckle down and do well there.

Couldn’t cut it Boro, couldn’t cut it at Venezia, how many stops are there left before Crawley Town?

I don’t think the club managed him very well after those goals against Spurs, he should have gone on loan somewhere. Being a striker went against him, as we were desperate for goals and hoped he was the answer. But he’s had two more chances now and hasn’t taken either of them. What level club would now actually buy him? Can’t see higher than League One.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Cut from the same cloth as Leon Knight, another one who will wake up one morning, unless he’s done it already, and ask the question “ How did I manage to f*** it up?”
I don't think that Leon will ever do that. He seems too wrapped up in his own ego.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he comes back in January, can't see there being much for him to do at The Albion - so a loan, surely. At a lower level - if he can start kocking in goals again - if - it might just re-focus him. Might!
League 2, somewhere oop north, and as far as possible from bright lights - Carlisle or Barrow for me!

Cove Rangers, Elgin City or Ross County could do the job too, perhaps.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If he comes back in January, can't see there being much for him to do at The Albion - so a loan, surely. At a lower level - if he can start kocking in goals again - if - it might just re-focus him. Might!
League 2, somewhere oop north, and as far as possible from bright lights - Carlisle or Barrow for me!
Now then, then now, now then, then now... I went for a night out in Carlisle once and let me tell you something lad... it was f***ing wild.

Mark me, if he goes up there he’ll be balls deep in a stack of cliched tabloid mayhem before 4:30pm on the afternoon of his arrival.

Carlisle lol - it’s the west world of the north... anything goes... he’d be safer in the middle of Newcastle (the party toon of the north my backside)

Nowhere can touch Carlisle for wild abandon... Christ let’s file that plan as a ‘no plan.’

As for Barrow, out of the frying pan into the Furness ... it’s probably pretty wild on a Friday night too, oh yes... p r e t t y wild.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now then, then now, now then, then now... I went for a night out in Carlisle once and let me tell you something lad... it was f***ing wild.

Mark me, if he goes up there he’ll be balls deep in a stack of cliched tabloid mayhem before 4:30pm on the afternoon of his arrival.

Carlisle lol - it’s the west world of the north... anything goes... he’d be safer in the middle of Newcastle (the party toon of the north my backside)

Nowhere can touch Carlisle for wild abandon... Christ let’s file that plan as a ‘no plan.’

As for Barrow, out of the frying pan into the Furness ... it’s probably pretty wild on a Friday night too, oh yes... p r e t t y wild.
Hmm .... I think I'm getting the mildest whiff of slight exaggeration.............

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t be many 22 year olds that have a queue of (relatively) old men on their keyboards who were 20% of the player he still is poised waiting to pounce to signal the end of their careers for them.……probably many of the same ones hailing his arrival after the Spurs game. Some make it, some don’t, and some that don’t will probably look back in a few years and realise they wasted an opportunity perhaps 🤷‍♂️ Personally take no pleasure at all in seeing him struggle, hope he ends up happy and fulfilled wherever he goes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can’t be many 22 year olds that have a queue of (relatively) old men on their keyboards who were 20% of the player he still is poised waiting to pounce to signal the end of their careers for them.……probably many of the same ones hailing his arrival after the Spurs game. Some make it, some don’t, and some that don’t will probably look back in a few years and realise they wasted an opportunity perhaps 🤷‍♂️ Personally take no pleasure at all in seeing him struggle, hope he ends up happy and fulfilled wherever he goes.
I don't think many (if any) of us relatively old men claimed to be 20% good enough to play PL football. Two left feet? - half a left foot would have been nice in the school second XI!
As one who has persistantly hoped he would come good, I admit my hopes are beginning to fade. Still, when he leaves us, I don't know if he'll be happy, but at least he'll be a rather rich 23 year old.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I agree it’s outrageous views and opinions of a player being discussed on a fans forum.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Don’t give the club any ideas
Outer Mongolia's widely considered to be the next great untapped source of talent.
As more clubs start waking up to all the great players in South America, Japan etc., it's a good idea for the club to start building connections in that part of the world to stay ahead of the curve.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Outer Mongolia's widely considered to be the next great untapped source of talent.
As more clubs start waking up to all the great players in South America, Japan etc., it's a good idea for the club to start building connections in that part of the world to stay ahead of the curve.
You could be right according to my cousins best friend who happens to be a ST holder for Khaan Khuns Erchim fc the local Mongolian power plant team says there are a load of scouts at every game.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
You could be right according to my cousins best friend who happens to be a ST holder for Khaan Khuns Erchim fc the local Mongolian power plant team says there are a load of scouts at every game.
Oh yeah, my step-brother's mate saw them when she was in Ulaanbaatar for work. Reckoned they had some QUALITY.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So why piss them off with a man child that thought he'd made it and didn't have to bother anymore?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here