[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Question - what would Connolly have to do in the 4 games left for his loan spell to be considered a reasonable success?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

If he was Andi Zeqiri or Florin Andone he'd have to fart in a jar and give it to someone through a lottery and people would say "bring him back for next season". As it is Connolly... twelve-fifteen goals and the winning goal in the playoff final.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he was Andi Zeqiri or Florin Andone he'd have to fart in a jar and give it to someone through a lottery and people would say "bring him back for next season". As it is Connolly... twelve-fifteen goals and the winning goal in the playoff final.

Given the choice of all three for the Albion first team squad can I go for NONE of them? Maybe I’m going all entitled but I think we should be doing better in our sixth season in the PL

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Have the Boro manager say words to the effect of:-

'It would be nice to have AC here next season, he's really trained hard and has impressed me.
He could be massive for us with a season long commitment'.

It's too late for anything on the pitch.
Good call. Although if he scored in every game before the end of the season (unlikely) what would the view be? A bit like the last fortnight for the Albion, turning a dismal last couple of months into a half decent second half of the season?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

More nonsense. Most people on here recognise that Andone has just as much of an attitude problem and, besides, he looked a far worse player post injury. As for Zeqiri, the last tome he was here Potter was using him as a left wingback and we already have a couple of those.

What we really don’t have and what we really do need is a quality striker unless we’re playing 3-5-1-1 using Mac centrally in every game going forward, in which case there’s no point having AC back at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Oh i thought you'd flounced. Nice to see you back. Agree about Andone, not sure how he has a fan club, that ship sailed years ago.

Has Zeqiri played as striker? His scoring record appears to be, well, dreadful.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Given the choice of all three for the Albion first team squad can I go for NONE of them? Maybe I’m going all entitled but I think we should be doing better in our sixth season in the PL

Agree with you but would have liked to have seen more of Zeqiri before passing judgement. If there are any incomings this summer, it will be another forward, plus Undav and maybe Mitoma or Khadra returning.

Connolly is certainly not the answer, sadly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Well that is certainly the most likely outcome and hard to have any complaints about it. But in the odd case any strikers out on loan (except Undav) make it to the first team squad for next season, it is likely to be Connolly.

Zeqiri - zero goals since October and zero assists since November, getting less and less game time in a team where the top scorer has 7 goals
Andone - in the freezer all season
Sima - rumoured to exist but there is no way to know for certain
Tolaj - cant get any minutes in League One
Connolly - playing regularly in the Championship, not exactly tearing the league apart but apparently his manager sees him as good enough to be allowed on to the pitch which is a step forward compared to the others

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm not sure we 'produced' him either - he joined us when he was nearly 20, and has spent most of his time out on loan at St Pauli, Swansea and now Cov. He's doing well for himself there, but its a bit of a stretch to call him a product of BHA.

My point stands - we have never, in our history, produced a decent striker who could cut it at 2nd division level, let alone in the Prem. Thats pretty dismal when you look at the likes of Bristol Rovers, who have produced several. One in particular who we might well remember.

I think its fair to say that until recently we did not 'produce' many/any players of the top calibre in any position.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's not the recruiting that's been at fault for the Connolly situation (though yes, there have been faults with our striker recruitment) but more the mismanagement of Connolly's development. He should have been out out loan eighteen months/two years ago, not suddenly just now.

Couldn’t agree more.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
A season on loan at Derby in League One would do - needs to get his confidence back - that will only come from scoring goals

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Those ferociously defending Connolly what are you seeing on the pitch to make that decision ??? Generally interested.

I’ve defended him in this thread.

- that Tottenham game
- record in U23s.

Which means he has it in him.

- his movement is good, but he needs the ball earlier

- he is still young, but needs to learn from his mistakes….

All of that said, my latter posts are less positive (not critical) and IMO for his own good he needs to be moved on…..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Those ferociously defending Connolly what are you seeing on the pitch to make that decision ??? Generally interested.

Or genuinely? ???

(Unlike little Aaron, I couldn't resist an open goal:wink:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports