Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - joining Hull permanently

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea what he was thinking if true. I imagine the club stamped on that sharpish

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have a very credible source. Hence why I believe it. You don’t, so you’re entitled to believe what you like. I wouldn’t consider anything you said credible either, so no offence taken, whether intended or not.

I used to work with someone who’s partner was a producer on Love Island, not sure if she worked on it this year but I’ll see if he can find out

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“A lot of people know why I haven’t kicked on and I know myself. That’s why this move to Italy was vital, just to get away from the circle I was in back in England, I needed a fresh start."

“My confidence was on the deck, when I missed chances and hadn’t been playing. I wasn’t in the right place to go on loan last year. I did it because I wanted to play football but I wish this version of myself right now had showed up at Middlesbrough. It would have been a different story."

“Mentally, I wouldn’t have been able to move abroad last season. I wouldn’t have been excited. But this time, I couldn’t say yes quick enough. I’ve got a good group of people around me now, a good group of mates… the old circle I used to be around off the pitch, I’ve had to make my mind up."

“It’s either keep going in the phase I was going in and eventually I’ll just be completely forgotten. At the minute I’m probably the forgotten man in Irish football and if I kept associating with people I’d been associating with before, I would have completely gone off the scale."

“Now I think I’ve turned that around and hopefully people will be able to see that with performances and workrate and hopefully goals."

“The association I had with people off the pitch and away from the training ground, it was never going to benefit me in any way, being around people in certain places. The support network I have around me right now, friends and family, the people that are in my life right now, they are only helping. They don’t want anything from me.”

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
“A lot of people know why I haven’t kicked on and I know myself. That’s why this move to Italy was vital, just to get away from the circle I was in back in England, I needed a fresh start."

“My confidence was on the deck, when I missed chances and hadn’t been playing. I wasn’t in the right place to go on loan last year. I did it because I wanted to play football but I wish this version of myself right now had showed up at Middlesbrough. It would have been a different story."

“Mentally, I wouldn’t have been able to move abroad last season. I wouldn’t have been excited. But this time, I couldn’t say yes quick enough. I’ve got a good group of people around me now, a good group of mates… the old circle I used to be around off the pitch, I’ve had to make my mind up."

“It’s either keep going in the phase I was going in and eventually I’ll just be completely forgotten. At the minute I’m probably the forgotten man in Irish football and if I kept associating with people I’d been associating with before, I would have completely gone off the scale."

“Now I think I’ve turned that around and hopefully people will be able to see that with performances and workrate and hopefully goals."

“The association I had with people off the pitch and away from the training ground, it was never going to benefit me in any way, being around people in certain places. The support network I have around me right now, friends and family, the people that are in my life right now, they are only helping. They don’t want anything from me.”

i mean that's pretty much exactly what you'd want to hear from him, isn't it? fair play if he backs it up this season

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A very honest interview, that. Unusual to see that level of honesty and self-analysis from a current professional footballer. Hopefully its a sign he's woken up and grown up a bit.

It sure backs up what some people (with one notable exception) have been saying about him on this thread for a couple of years now. He'd lost focus, he was mixing with the wrong crowd, he'd let his career slide out of view, his professionalism had slipped - now lets see if he's serious about getting back on track. Its a huge challenge for a young player moving abroad out of his comfort zone. I truly hope he makes a success of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A very honest interview, that. Unusual to see that level of honesty and self-analysis from a current professional footballer. Hopefully its a sign he's woken up and grown up a bit.

It sure backs up what some people (with one notable exception) have been saying about him on this thread for a couple of years now. He'd lost focus, he was mixing with the wrong crowd, he'd let his career slide out of view, his professionalism had slipped - now lets see if he's serious about getting back on track. Its a huge challenge for a young player moving abroad out of his comfort zone. I truly hope he makes a success of it.

:bowdown:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Blimey that is some interview. A refreshing read but also a sad one.

The good news for him is he's realised the love island crew are bad news and he needs to knuckle down to save his career.

But it's a shame that it's ended up this way when he had so much promise. Hopefully he and the club learn a lot from this

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Also keen to see if Connolly admitting he's got in the wrong crowd, wrong places and not looked after himself is acknowledged as Brighton fans 'bullying' him by our Swedish spokesman

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Blimey that is some interview. A refreshing read but also a sad one.

The good news for him is he's realised the love island crew are bad news and he needs to knuckle down to save his career.

But it's a shame that it's ended up this way when he had so much promise. Hopefully he and the club learn a lot from this

But if he saves his career, it hasn't 'ended up' this way. He's still young really - and may well have a good future ahead of him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It takes a lot of guts to admit you were so wrong, and more to go about fixing it.

I really hope he can turn it around, and become the player, and, more importantly the man that he can be.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here